Technical Support Team Lead - WordPress plugin
Operations/Administrative – Ops/Admin /
Permanent US (full-time)
10up is seeking candidates to provide technical and customer support in support of robust WordPress plugins designed for small-to-medium businesses and content creators. The right candidate will possess experience leading customer service teams, providing technical support, and specifically supporting and/or using WordPress as a content management system.
The role involves leading by example by actively resolving select tickets and issues reported by users, as well as supporting and mentoring other support specialists by engaging with both end users and the broader WordPress plugin and engineering teams, surfacing opportunities to improve the products by fixing bugs, clarifying the user interface, improving documentation, or otherwise improving end user experience.
Responsibilities (WordPress Plugin Support)
- Respond, resolve, triage, and escalate user questions on various products forum, including the WordPress.org plugin directory and Github source code repositories.
- Filter out questions not specific to the WordPress plugin (i.e. related to external connected services) and redirect to relevant forums or teams. Ensure questions are triaged within defined SLA.
- Suggest improvements to the online help resources (FAQs, product site).
- Send weekly reports to relevant internal stakeholders.
Responsibilities (Team Management)
- Provide leadership and management for a ~3 person support team (and growing).
- Training and onboarding for new team members.
- Monitoring and reporting on overall team morale.
- Escalation management.
- SLA reporting.
- Accountability for team KPIs, e.g. response and resolution time.
- Analyze trends and write summaries of top user issues and overall sentiment.
- Facilitate ongoing advancement and professional development for existing team members.
- Experience supporting and/or working with WordPress as a CMS.
- Experience leading a team in a project and/or personnel management context.
- Effective communication, specifically in a customer service environment.
- Good organizational skills (to support an influx of support topics that come in from the different products; research skills are a must).
- Some familiarity and hands-on experience with web technologies, specifically CMS platforms. Not timid when it comes to diving in, adapting and learning new technologies.
- Experience with and appreciation for creating and editing documents (Google Docs and/or Word) and spreadsheets, including formatting and formula management- with unrelenting attention to detail!
- Not only are you comfortable, but you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player who can also work independently. Can translate high-level direction into follow through, whether it be on research or creating reports, without a need to be micromanaged through the process.
- Comfortable interacting with both data/numbers and words/language on a daily basis. You recognize that formulas and calculators are our friends, and that the real value is in how you assemble and present the info.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of and familiarity with popular Google performance and analytics tools, including Google Analytics, Lighthouse, Search Console, and/or AMP.
- Experience writing documentation and support documents for technical products.
- Experience working in a business or team focused on the WordPress ecosystem.
- Engagement with the WordPress community, e.g. attending WordPress-centered events or contributing to WordPress projects.
- Remote working experience appreciated.
10up has been making the web better by finely crafting websites and tools for content creators since 2011. With ~200 experts in digital strategy and management, software engineering, user experience and interactive design, cloud infrastructure, and audience and revenue optimization; we’re big enough to conquer any challenge, and small enough to care. 10up is committed to the ideal of a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming anyone and everyone who shares and lives our core business values. We look forward to connecting with you!