Freelance Senior UI/UX Designer - Europe
Remote - Europe /
Experience Design – Visual Design /
10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivalled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up provides design focused services across research, UX, visual and content design disciplines, alongside a wide range of engineering, online revenue strategy and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, Financial Times, The Nobel Foundation, Politico EU and Intercom.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and 29 countries, with a growing presence and a community of practice around design in the EMEA region. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be).
We consider Senior Product Designers to be versatile designers in their craft across a wide range of UX and UI activities, taking ownership of all design related vision, planning, client communication and production activities on large, complex projects. Senior designers should be strategic thinkers who equally understand business, audience and technical problems and foster collaboration with other disciplines, representing design at all levels.
Ideal candidates will be familiar with standard UX Process and principles and as well as being able to produce high quality visual and interaction design (UI) on time and budget. However this role doesn’t require candidates to have deep UX, information architecture or content strategy skills.
Our designers at 10up work as a member of a diverse EU based design pod, collaborating with other designers, engineers, account managers and PMs - reporting to our Design Team Lead and the Director of Design, EMEA.
We are currently meeting with candidates who would like to be considered for future freelance opportunities. This role is fully remote and is open to applicants located anywhere in the EMEA region with a 4-6h overlap with the GMT timezone.
- Be part of design workshops, discussions and co-creation sessions
- Partner with Project and Account Managers to plan for design related activities within project timelines and ideal project outcomes and mitigating risk.
- Iterative, modular design production, documentation and communication at various fidelity levels: e.g. concept development, style tiles and production style guides, user journeys, interactive prototypes, wireframes and layouts, high fidelity comps, motion and animation definition etc.
- Proactively collaborate with other disciplines on scope definition and design deliverables, building relationships across disciplines and with our clients, fostering an environment of psychologically safe collaboration and critique
- Perform simple design research and testing, turning insights into actionable recommendations and design solutions
- Support design leadership with design process
- At least five years experience with modern website and app design principles across multiple devices - with a particular focus on layout, typography, colour, media and accessibility
- Equally comfortable with conceptual design and tactical design production in a fast paced agency environment with effective time management. Ability to balance business, audience and technical needs to drive positive design outcomes.
- Clear and concise client communication skills, with ability to confidently present design work with supporting rationale and compelling storytelling. Confident workshop facilitation skills and co-creation mindset to define problems, ideate and define solutions.
- Fluency with modern design, prototyping and remote collaboration tools
- (e.g. Figma and Miro) and expertise in interactive prototyping
- Systematic design thinking and expertise in creating modular component libraries and design systems
- Experience with large scale content publishing or relevant adjacent expertise around designing for digital-first, editorial content
- Be able to work collaboratively within a diverse multidisciplinary team and efficiently manage design feedback from multiple stakeholders. Agility to adapt to a range of different organisational working styles (e.g. agile, waterfall, lean etc.)
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to reduce it
- Must be in a timezone with at least 4-6 hours of overlap with the GMT timezone.
Nice to Have
- Experience with designing for Wordpress and Gutenberg blocks
- Understanding of content strategy, publishing workflows and content management platforms
- Experience working with enterprise-scale clients
- Experience with remote working
- Ability to plan and conduct simple user testing and validation activities providing actionable insights and recommendations
Things to Note
- We don't want you to miss any communication from us! To ensure you receive updates on your application, please add email@example.com to your contacts list! #LI-Remote