Senior Platform Engineer
London, England /
Consulting & Research /
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
We truly live our values at 11:FS, and they are critical to your entire journey here. We are looking for our new colleagues to add to our culture, and this is as important as pure technical fit. As part of your interview process we’ll deep dive in our values and your beliefs. Everyone at 11:FS fits our 4 core values: Team, Attitude, Communication and Impact, and this remains at the core of our growth.
We are designing and launching new fintech startups for our clients and ourselves and treat every opportunity like a business, not a project. To do this we hire great people and get out of their way
Whilst London is our home, all Elevens are working remotely currently and are likely to be so for the majority of 2020. We want to be as flexible as possible when the World starts to return to normal, so we are more than happy to talk with fully remote colleagues who can travel to London every so often.
We know that building high performance, highly scalable, always available, fault tolerant systems is a team game, so we're also looking for someone who'll collaborate and play well with others. Lone geniuses are brilliant - just not for us.
We strongly believe in growing a system rather than building it, so our architecture and infrastructure is designed to allow small bits of code to be rolled to production really fast, and really often. So we'd like to find someone with experience of Cloud based, CD type environments - someone who understands that with this awesome power comes a lot of responsibility to make sure things are done right!
What you'll bring.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as Github Actions or Argo
- Experience with Kubernetes or another container scheduler
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform
- Experience with one or more of AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with security in the context of cloud or networking
- Experience with software development, eg. in Golang or Java
- Experience working in agile environments such as Scrum or Kanban
We know that Platform Engineering is a complex role with different responsibilities and names across the industry. We think it’s fair to expect that for this role you have a specialism in one or two of the above skills and a good basis of knowledge in at least three others.
What we're looking for.
- Someone who enjoys building platforms, tools and other infrastructure that increase the efficiency, speed and stability of the digital products we are building.
- Someone who can point to successful software products, services and systems they have contributed to.
- Someone who wants to work in an environment where they’re solving problems for clients, and seeing the results of their work in the customers’ hands.
- Someone who prioritises the needs of the team and the customers, and who can think on their feet.
- We also want someone who can communicate their ideas and who knows the work they do is even more valuable if there is enough documentation/instruction for others to consume it easily.
What you'll be doing.
- You will work within cross-functional engineering teams to build products and services, whilst also being part of a central Platform team, ensuring the work you’re doing aligns and that you can exploit commonalities.
- In terms of tech we automate wherever possible and we have considerable freedom to choose our tools and processes. We build on cloud where we can, we use Continuous Delivery as standard and we abstract away from the underlying infrastructure with Kubernetes.
- We like ‘T-shaped’ skills. You’ll be part of a team, and you’ll be helping the team deliver. We don’t often hear, ‘that’s somebody else’s job’.
- You will be getting your hands dirty. You’ll need to balance short-term delivery with building long-term strategic components and, most importantly, you’ll be able to plot a path from one to the other.
- We work closely and iteratively with our clients - expect to spend time talking to them, demoing and in standups (You won’t be on your own). While focus time is crucial, we always keep in mind we’re building for someone.
Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor Visas at this time, but please do check back in with us in the future.
11:FS does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.