Senior Kotlin Engineer - Contract
London, England /
Consulting & Research /
We are looking for Senior Kotlin engineers to work on one of our software delivery projects. You will be working with our existing engineering and architecture team on a new customer project, working to integrate their backend services with new capabilities and supporting a new mobile app.
Your focus will be on server-side engineering, designing and building performant cloud-native microservices with clean APIs, most likely on one of our client engagements. We encourage ownership, and we’ll also expect you to develop ‘T-shaped’ skills, working with your team to what’s needed to deliver to the client. We don’t like organisational silos, and you’ll be working closely with product, designers and other experts in their fields. You may also need to perform rapid prototyping, ‘spiking out’ quick and dirty software in order to demonstrate a concept before turning it into something more ‘production-like’. You should also understand good software component design, and be able to identify where we can create reusable ‘building blocks’ to accelerate our engagements.
- You have been building services and applications at a senior level using Kotlin as your primary language.
- You’re familiar with microservice architectures, and you’ve built and deployed containerised services to Cloud-based orchestration layers and platforms.
- You’re familiar with the Spring framework.
- You’re familiar with TDD, you know what a good unit test looks like, and you can write tests across the test pyramid
- You’ve used GraphQL to implement well-designed APIs, and you also know what a good RESTful API looks like
- Applying cyber security best practices
Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor Visas at this time, but please do check back in with us in the future.
11:FS does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.