London, England /
Consulting & Research /
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
We truly live our values at 11:FS, and they are critical to your entire journey here. We are looking for our new colleagues to add to our culture, and this is as important as pure technical fit. As part of your interview process we’ll deep dive in our values and your beliefs. Everyone at 11:FS fits our 4 core values: Team, Attitude, Communication and Impact, and this remains at the core of our growth.
We are designing and launching new fintech startups for our clients and ourselves and treat every opportunity like a business, not a project. To do this we hire great people and get out of their way
Whilst London is our home, all Elevens are working remotely currently and are likely to be so for the majority of 2020. We want to be as flexible as possible when the World starts to return to normal, so we are more than happy to talk with fully remote colleagues who can travel to London every so often.
Purpose of Role: In this role you’ll be working in the heart of the dynamic and constantly evolving Fintech space. You’ll play a central role in defining, developing and launching services all around the world which fundamentally change the way that finance works. The research you lead will identify opportunities for us to design and build new financial services that serve currently unmet customer needs. Our ambition is to create new businesses which have the customer at their centre. You’ll be working directly alongside designers, developers and product managers to get new products and experiences into the market and into the hands of customers as quickly as possible.
What you'll be doing:
- Draw on the latest thinking and techniques in user centred design and design thinking, using a variety of different research methodologies.
- Apply Jobs to be Done thinking to identify underserved opportunities in the market to create differentiated digitally native propositions.
- Help to design research approaches around 11:FS’s core principles, the context of the client’s business problem and the cultural differences of the market.
- Support end-to-end qualitative research including: recruiting interviewees, writing discussion guides, conducting interviews, taking notes, summarising findings and developing analysis. This could include a range of techniques such as ethnographic research, in-depth interviews and co-creation through early adopter community building.
- Create inspiring ways to tell real human stories from the research.
- Support quantitative research to validate the qualitative insights and segment the market. This includes: writing questionnaires, creating sample plans and analysing data.
- Work closely with a Customer Strategy Lead or Director to conduct interviews, gather insights, analyse data and articulate findings in order to deliver client project outcomes to a high level of quality and on time.
- Work with designers and product managers to support and run design sprints based on all the discovery work around the customer, the market and competitors.
- Support the development of the 11:FS consultancy team including: owning internal initiatives, actively helping to win new business and getting involved in marketing campaigns.
Typical background and experience
- Ideally a social sciences or humanities educational background e.g. Anthropology, Sociology, History, English Literature, Design/Media/Creative Arts.
- At least 1 to 2 years experience in a qualitative research role.
- Worked at small-medium sized research agency, design/growth consultancy or advertising agency.
- Some experience with ethnography, cultural studies and trends.
- Ideally non-financial services client background (or not exclusively FS anyway).
- Confident running the logistics and fieldwork for qualitative methods like depth interviews, online diary studies, communities, etc.
- Experience working with senior researchers/strategists analysing data and creating actionable and story-driven reports for clients.
- Eager to gain more exposure to working directly with clients.
Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor Visas at this time, but please do check back in with us in the future.
11:FS does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.