Director of Sales
US, Remote /
Revenue Organization – Sales /
Full Time Exempt
As the Head of Velocity Sales you will lead the New Logo Bookings and Expansion Velocity Sales teams. You are responsible for achieving business growth targets through effective management and leadership of a high performance sales organization. In doing so, you will develop and execute on both short- and long-term strategic plans to achieve aggressive sales targets and expand our customer base. You will partner extensively with leadership across the company to acquire, retain, cross-sell, and up-sell customers in support of 15Five’s long-term growth.
A person who will excel in this role is someone experienced in value-based selling to mid-market and SMB businesses, and exhibits strong sound business judgment. The ideal candidate knows how to use data-informed analysis to champion new initiatives internally, while learning and failing fast. This role requires a strategic leader that can critically think while also executing at a high level. The Head of Velocity Sales will report to the VP of Sales.
- Sales Strategy Development and Execution
- Develop strategy, goals, and quarterly strategic objectives and key results (OKRs) in partnership with the overall sales team and cross-functional leaders in support of company growth targets
- Identify and address areas of improvement throughout the velocity (0-500 employees) buyer's journey to optimize the sales cycle and conversion rates
- Partner with Marketing and senior leadership to build and continually refine a holistic go-to-market strategy
- Strategize with Product to align the product roadmap with the demands of the Velocity market
- Collaborate with Customer Success to ensure new customers have a seamless experience and are set up for long-term success
- Team Leadership in Revenue Generation and Performance
- Implement and adjust the sales performance metrics and hold the sales team accountable to milestones and objectives to drive high performance and engagement of all team members
- Coach, mentor, and provide actionable feedback to sales managers to help them achieve their professional and personal growth goals
- Create and sustain an excellent sales culture within 15Five, recruiting top talent, harnessing competitive spirits toward overachievement, and cultivating a team selling mentality
- Conduct all of 15Five’s Best-Self Management practices according to schedule: Best-Self Kickoff, Strength’s Discovery, OKR setting, weekly 15Fives, regular 1:1s, Best-Self Reviews, High Fives, etc.
- Evangelize and model company values, Senior Leadership Team messaging, company policies/ guidelines, tool and process usage, and Best-Self Management practices
- Customer Centricity and Market Understanding
- Foster relationships with prospects in order to understand their needs, uncover objections, and ensure their success
- Approach all prospect and customer interactions with integrity, ensuring discretion and confidentiality when needed
- Bring an executive presence and influence to customer conversations in support of sales reps
- Provide a “voice of the customer” and “voice of the market” to our product and go-to-market strategies
- Metrics: Budgeting, Reporting, and Forecasting
- Work with Revenue Operations to provide regular reporting to the Revenue Leadership Team and Senior Leadership Team on achievement of key performance indicators
- Submit a detailed and dependable sales forecast each week to help inform strategic decisions
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Prior experience managing high performing sales management teams with a consistent track record of hitting revenue goals.
- 10+ years of overall sales experience (at least 2-3 leading the team and 2-3 leading managers ), building relationships with Fortune 1000 companies and managing complex sales processes with multiple stakeholders and negotiations with pricing based on value, legal and procurement.
- Experience leading a team in a Team Selling environment.
- Demonstrated a successful track record as an individual contributor and the ability to share relevant and complex closing experience with a growing team.
- The ability to get into the field and into deals with your team; leveraging your experience as a closer to drive efficiencies in the sales process.
- The understanding that this is a high growth startup that requires a hands-on and entrepreneurial style.
DESIRED IMPACT BY 3 MONTHS
- Complete 15Five’s new-hire onboarding and job-specific training for the Revenue Organization / Sales Role
- Complete the Best-Self Management Certification Course
- Complete the Best-Self Kickoff with each direct report
- Align on Forecast Methodology
- Identify needs for your team and role, and build out your OKRs for the quarter
- Align with Sales Leaders, learning strengths, and diving into Best-Self Management
- Learn and understand customer segments, and current marketing strategies
- Evaluate current processes for efficiency/accuracy
DESIRED IMPACT BY 6 MONTHS
- Hiring strategy defined and implemented, in close partnership with Talent Team
- Every member of the Sales Team is improving through an organized training program and real-time coaching
- Deliver the Quarterly Business Review on Velocity to VP of sales, CRO and COO
- The Sales Team is unified with high morale and engagement
DESIRED IMPACT BY 12 MONTHS
- You’ve achieved record breaking revenue results as a team
- All hiring goals are met with high performing AEs in all regions
- Linkedin Sales Navigator
SNAPSHOT OF A WEEK-IN-THE LIFE
- Monday: Share your wins with the company on our Monday Boost. Celebrate your team and set clear priorities for the week. Join or help lead Sales Training.
- Tuesday: 1:1 meeting with your manager. Participate in the cross-functional Sales and Marketing bi-weekly meeting. Hold 1:1s with Team Members. Join or help lead Sales Training.
- Wednesday: Share current KPIs and Sales Forecast in the Revenue Leadership Team Meeting
- Thursday: Lead the Sales Leadership Team Meeting to identify and address pressing issues throughout the Sales organization.
- Friday: Friday standup is the best part of your week. 50+ people sharing wins for the week and discussing our early ‘call’ for next week. Celebrate all the deals that have closed this week!
SCHEDULE / WORK LOCATION
- Full-time, salaried exempt position
- Typical work week: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm
- Flexible schedule while working an expected 40+ hours/week
- Possible early-morning or after-hours requirements due to support across various time zones
Founded in 2011, 15Five equips HR leaders to play a strategic role in their company’s growth. HR leaders use 15Five to combine engagement, performance, and OKRs on one platform so they can make insightful decisions and take strategic action. Unlike other ‘command and control’ performance systems, 15Five uses the latest in people science to turn managers and employees into self-driven owners of performance and engagement. To further the impact of talent on company growth, 15Five also provides education, coaching, and community for HR leaders, managers, and employees. HR leaders at over 3,200 companies, including Credit Karma, Spotify, and Pendo, rely on 15Five’s software and services to make their talent a growth driver.
At 15Five we focus on building a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. We are proud of our thriving hybrid culture that supports a remote-first workplace balanced with distributed office hubs, and annual opportunities for all employees to connect in person. We also offer: full Medical, Dental, and Vision, employer paid Term, Short Term and Long Term Disability, paid Sick Time Off, Military Leave, Jury Duty Leave, Unlimited Vacation, flexible work arrangements, up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave for birth and non-birth parents, Bereavement Leave, therapy and relationship counseling, weekly Best-Self Time, monthly stipend for wellness, monthly reimbursement for phone and/or internet, Sabbatical Program accessed at 5 or 7 Years and Retirement Account Program with 4% match at 6 months employment. We also provide extensive training and development such as strengths discovery and alignment and Manager specific development opportunities.
For more information see: