Director of Business Development & Strategic Alliances
San Francisco, CA
15Five is seeking a Director of Business Development/Director of Strategic Alliances to secure, manage, and optimize our reseller and referral partnerships to help us secure the leading marketing share in customer retention automation and lifetime value optimization software. The Director of Business Development/Director of Strategic Alliances will be the primary marketing and sales focal point between 15Five and its strategic reseller and referral partners to expand the next generation of employee engagement and performance software into the world’s best companies. She/He is a startup player excited about the opportunity to join an early-stage, high-growth startup with a world class culture.
15Five is backed by Point Nine Capital and Matrix Partners. With headquarters in San Francisco’s mid market neighborhood, we’ve built a world class company culture that is reinventing how companies listen to their employees and help them be their best selves at work. Some of our customers include Citrix, MailChimp, Etsy, HubSpot, Just Fab, Warby Parker and many more. We take pride in building a company and product that materially improves people’s lives, whether they’re an employee or a customer.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Strategic planning for partner development, acquisition, retention, and monetization
- Accountable to reseller and referral related revenue targets and all operations necessary to profitably retain, grow and service partnerships.
- Work with strategic partner accounts and sales group to maximize the number of lead referrals generated for the 15Five sales team
- Facilitate interaction between 15Five and partner sales and account management teams
- Collaborate with partners and Partner Marketing Manager to develop and execute against a go-to market strategy
- Help to deliver partner communications, develop joint collateral, and strategically manage joint events
- Be the main point of contact for reseller and referral partners and bring in resources from marketing, product, and support as necessary
- Become an expert on our product, our competition and the markets in which we compete
- Forecast pipeline and revenue from partners on a quarterly and annual basis
- Identify new business and revenue opportunities
- Design and implement virtual and in-person partner training seminars to train both reseller and referral partners on 15Five product offerings
- Travel 10-20%
WHO YOU ARE:
- Energetic and optimistic: our energy is contagious, builds momentum and draws people in
- Empathic: You go out of your way to ensure customers are heard
- Excellent Communication Skills: Keeping all stakeholders informed on all major issues
- High Business Acumen: Experience negotiating partnership agreements and other complex legal contracts. Must be able to see the bigger business issues for the client and help the client manage their business. They must also ensure all business deals are profitable for both sides.
- Relationship Savvy: Must be able to read people and connect meaningfully with a variety of personalities while understanding that all progress is made through relationships. Proven track record of successfully identifying and recruiting new strategic partners
Snapshot of your impact, by the 3 month mark:
- You will have a defined partner strategy for software company partners
- You will have successfully signed on 3 new software companies as partners
Snapshot of your impact, by the 6 month mark:
- You will have a defined partner strategy for consulting company partners
- You will have successfully signed on 10 new consulting companies as partners
15Five UNIVERSAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Openness to vulnerability, self-reflection and receiving radically candid feedback to grow personally and professionally
- Curious and committed to innovation and continuous learning and growth
- Self-motivated, self-responsible and self-accountable
A pioneer in the new generation of employee feedback, engagement and performance tools, 15Five is backed by Point Nine Capital and Matrix Partners. With headquarters in San Francisco and offices in New York and Raleigh, we’ve built a world class company culture that is reinventing how companies listen to their employees and help them be their best selves at work. Some of our customers include Citrix, Indeed, Etsy, HubSpot, Spotify, Warby Parker and 1,600+ more. We take pride in building a company and product that materially improves people’s lives, whether they’re an employee or a customer.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. Check out these links to learn more about what’s important to us.