Strategic Initiatives, Growth Specialist
US, Remote /
Revenue Organization – Marketing /
Full Time Exempt
15Five invests in strategic initiatives and experiments to identify new business models and create new ways to deliver value to 15Five prospects and customers. Often resembling “startups within a startup”, these initiatives will involve a very small team with limited time and resources attempting to try something new. In addition, these initiatives need to be coordinated with other 15Five products, services, and go-to-market activities. An essential part of these strategic initiatives is getting them out of 15Five and into the world for testing and improving.
As part of the Strategic Initiatives team, the Growth Specialist will be responsible for anything related to growth, including discovery, marketing, sales enablement, content creation, communications, usability testing, and more. As the Growth Specialist your day could be spent writing ad copy, helping with a lead magnet guide, sending invitations for a webinar, working on a partner event, creating sales enablement materials, hacking together an approach to SEO, or editing a video interview into a course or pre-recorded webinar. Basically, you need to be willing to do whatever it takes to facilitate growth within strategic initiatives!
The Growth Specialist's content-related responsibilities will focus on content creation, editing, and production and expectations for the quality of this content are extremely high. We will be continuously learning and improving, so there will be multiple iterations and versions along the way.
KEY AREAS OF FOCUS
50% Growth (Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Referral, Revenue)
50% Content Creation and Event Production
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Scrappy, experimental approach to growing various “startups within startups” through various low-cost marketing methods
- Facilitating and creating referrals and virality
- Co-creation of scalable, repeatable growth models
- Lead content production efforts for videos, audio (including branded sounds), graphics, presentations, and copy
- Lead event production efforts for virtual and real-world events
- Direct and coach our talent so our content and events are inspiring, engaging, and educational
- Hold our talent to the highest quality standards
- Rapidly combine and curate 15Five content to meet the needs of 15Five Strategic Initiatives team
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Genuine passion for 15Five’s mission and vision
- Intrapreneurial mindset
- Responsive to direct feedback
- Working knowledge of traditional and contemporary marketing strategies and tactics
- Believes in “learning by making”
- Appreciation and enthusiasm for the end-to-end customer experience
- Willing to learn fundamentals of video and audio production
- Wants to serve others and help them feel comfortable on camera
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous start-up environment
- Regular travel may be required (up to 75%), including potential international travel in the future of this role
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong collaborator that prioritizes building trusting relationships with key stakeholders
- Passionate about being extraordinary in both your work life and personal life
- Have a strong reputation for accountability and reliability
- Effectively articulate ideas and strategy
- Able to easily switch between strategic and tactical thinking
- Comfortable in a fluid environment with a high tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Growth-minded and open to coaching and mentorship
DESIRED IMPACT BY 3 MONTHS
- Launch and oversee three growth experiments
- Growth 2021 content roadmap in partnership with marketing, product, success, partnerships, and others
- Growth 2021 event roadmap in partnership with marketing, product, success, partnerships, and others
DESIRED IMPACT BY 6 MONTHS
- Create at least three scalable, repeatable go-to-market methods for your strategic initiatives
- Master the fundamentals of content and event production
DESIRED IMPACT BY 12 MONTHS
- Create at least six scalable, repeatable go-to-market methods for your strategic initiatives during your first year
- Oversee at least 12 events end-to-end
- Identify your growth specialist T-shape
SAMPLE WEEK IN THE LIFE
- Monday - Sprint planning with the team, reach out to potential partners and speakers, finalize an ultimate guide draft, meet with internal teams to understand what’s needed for marketing and sales enablement
- Tuesday - Manage the last-second needs of panelists for a 15Five event, record the event, create five short videos to share on social from the event, send the event follow up email to attendees and non-attendees, and send thank you gifts to our panelists
- Wednesday - 1-on-1 meeting with your manager to talk about goals, progress, and growth, brainstorm ideas for ads and events, lead discovery interviews to help inform what we should build next, join a sales call about combining our software and strategic initiatives
- Thursday - Complete a content production course, write a blog post, listen to 5 sales calls involving strategic initiatives for buyer feedback on our offer, launch your marketing plan for an upcoming event, test 3 email subject lines for an upcoming event invite
- Friday - Review your sprint process, follow up meetings with 4 potential partners and speakers, interview an internal SME and create a 10 minute short course, 2 hours of Best-Self time. Finish up by submitting your weekly Check-in.
15FIVE UNIVERSAL ATTRIBUTES
- Open to vulnerability, self-reflection, and candid feedback to grow personally and professionally
- Curious and committed to innovation, continuous learning, and growth
- Self-motivated, self-responsible, and self-accountable
15Five is a people and performance platform that instantly upgrades each and every manager. It works by combining employee engagement, continuous performance management, and manager effectiveness software with education, services, and community. At the heart of our approach is Best-Self Management, an evidence-inspired strategy for cultivating world-class managers and transforming organizations by unlocking every employee’s potential. With our holistic solution, CEOs, HR leaders, and managers create highly-engaged, high-performing organizations.
We work with over 2,000 forward-thinking companies that use our solution to bring out the best in their people, including big brand names like Credit Karma, WP Engine, Adobe, and Fitbit. 15Five is backed by Next 47, Origin Ventures, Point Nine Capital, and Matrix Partners. Its headquarters are based in San Francisco, with offices in New York and Raleigh, NC. The company is working 100% remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. To support our people, 15Five believes in flexible working arrangements, non-gendered Parental Leave, Flexible Time Off, Sick Time Off and extensive training and development including but not limited to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Best-Self Management, strengths discovery and alignment and Manager specific development opportunities.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, womxn and other underrepresented folx tend to only apply when they check every box. So, if you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet every single point listed below, please apply - you could be exactly who we are looking for!