Product Marketing Manager
Revenue Organization – Marketing /
Full Time Exempt
15Five is looking for a new member to join the Marketing Team. The Product Marketing Manager is an integrated role that partners closely with the Marketing, Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams at 15Five. Your work on messaging and positioning will fuel the product story that is told through sales enablement, product launches, marketing campaigns and events, customer success, and industry influencers.
You enjoy working on a team that binds our product strategy to the tactics driving sales and marketing to achieve results. You are a skilled communicator with a unique ability to translate features into clear and concise benefits that resonate with our target audience, which includes HR and C-level executives. You are passionate about our customers and raise their voices to help evangelize the product, both internally and externally. This position will report to the Chief Marketing Officer until a Director of Product Marketing is hired.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Go-to-Market Strategy & Storytelling
- Partner with Marketing to produce content/programs that include customer stories, webinars, product sheets, product videos, thought leadership pieces, etc.
- Execute on feature/product launch communication plans
- Understand the entire 15Five solution in-depth and effectively communicate the product narrative
- Participate in content creation, sales enablement and marketing campaign reviews.
- Research and Market Trends
- Maintain relationships with key industry analysts and to ensure top of mind awareness of 15Five’s solutions and services
- Perform market and competitive research and analysis
- Customer Case Studies
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and customer representatives to schedule and conduct informational interviews to inform new customer case studies
- Work with other members of the Marketing team to write and design insightful collateral involving customer stories
- Educate customer-facing team members on how to leverage case studies in prospecting, selling, and retaining customers
- Internal Communication & Enablement
- Work with product and engineering to define product roadmaps and timelines
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Product to create differentiated product narrative decks, positioning, competitor analysis, buyer personas, and sales enablement materials
- Keep a close watch on the competitive landscape and educate internal teams on it
- Collaborate with the content marketing team to create thought leadership content
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Minimum 2-4 years of product marketing experience for B2B SaaS products
- Experience in Human Resources technology (performance management, HRIS, employee engagement, etc.) is valuable but not required
- Knowledge of the business processes and how customers make software buying decisions
- Strong communication skills including copywriting, storytelling, and presenting
- Experience researching markets and audiences and building go-to-market plans
- Experience running marketing programs across the customer lifecycle
- Proven record of crafting messaging, positioning and product collateral
- Demonstrated ability to speak in front of audiences and on webinars
- Focused education in business and marketing
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong collaborator that prioritizes building trusting relationships with key stakeholders
- Passionate about being extraordinary in both your work life and personal life
- Have a strong reputation for accountability and reliability
- Effectively articulate ideas and strategy
- Able to easily switch between strategic and tactical thinking
- Comfortable in a fluid environment with a high tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Growth-minded and open to coaching and mentorship
DESIRED IMPACT BY 3 MONTHS
- Meet with internal stakeholders and set 6 month project plan
- Create differentiated and research-driven messaging framework
- Evaluate and recommend changes to 15Five’s category positioning and messaging
DESIRED IMPACT BY 6 MONTHS
- Clear and differentiated product story that is consistently told across the organization
- Top tier sales enablement collateral is published and sales team members know how to use it
- Defined internal process for product feature rollouts
- Evaluate existing persona and suggest modifications, or additions.
DESIRED IMPACT BY 12 MONTHS
- Recognized as a leader in the continuous performance management & employee engagement space
- The product narrative is understood across the organization and people from every team can tell it
- Go-to-market teams know the value of 15Five and can point to multiple customer stories to prove it (i.e. sell the story not the features)
SAMPLE WEEK IN THE LIFE
- Monday: Begin the week with the all-hands Boost to hear company updates and meet new hires, join the team check in and dive into deep work
- Tuesday: Meet with manager for weekly 1:1
- Wednesday: Join the company Boost for an in-depth department update or micro-learning, followed by alternating Sprint Planning and a meeting with partners to ensure projects are moving
- Thursday: Spend the day deep working
- Friday: Participate in the Question Friday Boost, compile and submit weekly reports and summaries of project status and then finish your week by submitting your 15Five
15FIVE UNIVERSAL ATTRIBUTES
- Open to vulnerability, self-reflection, and candid feedback to grow personally and professionally
- Curious and committed to innovation, continuous learning, and growth
- Self-motivated, self-responsible, and self-accountable
15Five is a people and performance platform that instantly upgrades each and every manager. It works by combining employee engagement, continuous performance management, and manager effectiveness software with education, services, and community. At the heart of our approach is Best-Self Management, an evidence-inspired strategy for cultivating world-class managers and transforming organizations by unlocking every employee’s potential. With our holistic solution, CEOs, HR leaders, and managers create highly-engaged, high-performing organizations.
We work with over 2,000 forward-thinking companies that use our solution to bring out the best in their people, including big brand names like Credit Karma, WP Engine, Adobe, and Fitbit. 15Five is backed by Next 47, Origin Ventures, Point Nine Capital, and Matrix Partners. Its headquarters are based in San Francisco, with offices in New York and Raleigh, NC. The company is working 100% remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. To support our people, 15Five believes in flexible working arrangements, non-gendered Parental Leave, Flexible Time Off, Sick Time Off and extensive training and development including but not limited to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Best-Self Management, strengths discovery and alignment and Manager specific development opportunities.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, womxn and other underrepresented folx tend to only apply when they check every box. So, if you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet every single point listed below, please apply - you could be exactly who we are looking for!