VP of Marketing
San Francisco, CA
15Five is looking for a seasoned, B2B marketing leader who can build an innovative go-to-market strategy that understands both high velocity / freemium and knows how to sell upmarket into enterprise companies. She/He is a unique, passionate, and cutting edge marketing leader with the vision and experience to lead a high-growth company.
We’re looking for that rare individual who lights up at the challenge of breaking the status quo by bringing 15Five’s approach to performance management into global organizations. This person will report directly to the CEO and will build and lead a team of high-performing marketers. The ideal candidate will be someone who authentically lives the 15Five values and is inspired by our vision to unlock the potential of the global workforce.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Leadership: Hire and build out a world class marketing team. Coach and develop internal talent. Inspire and empower greatness.
- Strategy & Planning: Set current and long-term goals; define and implement a cohesive strategic marketing plan for SMB to enterprise.
- Budgeting & Reporting: Set and oversee the annual marketing budget and spend. Prepare regular marketing reports and optimize cost metrics such as CAC, payback and magic number.
- Messaging & Positioning: Craft a compelling narrative on how 15Five presents itself to the world.
- Brand & Editorial: Create a distinctive and fun brand which will differentiate 15Five from legacy providers. Define the visual identity, editorial voice & tone and train all customer facing teams to represent the brand and ensure consistency. Fuse the brand into the customer facing properties and within the product itself.
- Sales Enablement: Partner closely with sales leadership to identify and create world class enablement materials including first call decks, demo’s, competitive and objection handling. Train and certify sales teams and improve workflows.
- Product Synergy: Work closely with product on defining roadmaps, understanding competitive threats, understanding our users, and driving cross functional growth teams to improve core funnel conversions.
- Demand Generation: Create a scalable demand generation machine via paid advertising utilizing multiple channels and advanced targeting methods. Relentlessly optimize against CAC/Payback.
- Content Marketing: Develop a deep set of rich content that will engage, educate and entertain prospects and customers alike.
- Lifecycle Nurturing: Leverage the content repository to strategically nurture prospects and customers throughout their lifecycle through intelligent drip paths and across multiple channels.
- Operations: Build and optimize current tech stack foundation to precisely track core marketing metrics and understand program spend effectiveness through multi-channel attribution. Track core customer metrics including NPS and CSAT and report to the overall organization.
- PR: Build momentum and buzz by shaping and capitalizing on the 15Five vision. Target and develop key press relationships. Tell the world our story.
- Customer Stories: Bring to life the incredible transformational stories of our customers. Build relationships with existing customers, obtain sign-offs, secure interviews, and get the top logos.
- Field Marketing: Manage our events strategy across external and internal events. Deliver an incredible experience when prospects interact with our brand at physical events.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 10+ years of online marketing experience ideally with B2B SaaS
- Ability to attract, build and empathetically lead a world class marketing team
- Experience working as a partner with finance and managing marketing budgets with demonstrated success influencing return on marketing investments
- Domain experience in performance marketing and content marketing
- Cross-functional collaboration skills and org savvy with demonstrated experience working with all business functions
- Understanding of advanced marketing tech stacks (Salesforce.com, Pardot, ABM and BI tools)
- BA/BS degree required, MBA a plus
WHO YOU ARE
- Energetic and optimistic: your energy is contagious, builds momentum and draws people in
- World-class verbal, written and visual storyteller with a unique understanding and experience delivering on what it takes to stand out from the competition
A pioneer in the new generation of employee feedback, engagement and performance tools, 15Five is backed by Point Nine Capital and Matrix Partners. With headquarters in San Francisco and offices in New York and Raleigh, we’ve built a world class company culture that is reinventing how companies listen to their employees and help them be their best selves at work. Some of our customers include Citrix, Indeed, Etsy, HubSpot, Spotify, Warby Parker and 1,600+ more. We take pride in building a company and product that materially improves people’s lives, whether they’re an employee or a customer.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. Check out these links to learn more about what’s important to us.