Strategic Customer Success Manager
San Francisco, CA
15Five is seeking a passionate Strategic Customer Success Manager (CSM) to partner with a portfolio of 15Five customers and help them maximize the next generation of continuous performance management and employee engagement software. The primary focus of the role is serving as a trusted advisor to our customers by building strong relationships with key customer stakeholders and guiding them through the customer journey.
Do you consider yourself a team player? Does joining an early-stage, high-growth startup with a world class culture excite you? 15Five has a unique opportunity to expand our Customer Success team in San Francisco, with this key role reporting to the Director of Customer Success and working cross-functionally with revenue teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Serve as the primary point of contact for your customers and own the customer journey from onboarding to renewal.
- Partner with Implementation to get the customer up and running on 15Five and partner with Sales to drive expansion.
- Build and manage strong relationships with key customer stakeholders across executive, director, and manager levels. Understand their performance management, employee engagement and culture goals.
- Create and deliver success plans to enable customers to achieve their desired business outcomes.
- Proactively monitor net retention key performance indicators and report on customer health and metrics.
- Serve as a product expert on use cases and provide guidance on strategies and best practices on how to optimize 15Five usage.
- Interface and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive towards customer goals and be the voice of the customer to provide visibility and/or escalations.
- Shape, iterate, and scale our Customer Success strategy, taking initiative to improve the team’s practices, tools and content.
- Inspire Customer Success across the company.
SNAPSHOT OF YOUR IMPACT, by the 3 month mark:
- Complete 15Five’s new-hire onboarding and job-specific training for the Enterprise CSM role.
- Gain clarity on expectations of your role and understand Best-Self Management.
- Identify needs for your team and role and build out your OKRs for the quarter.
- Start building the foundation of strong relationships with 15Five teammates.
- Begin building relationships with existing and new customers within your book of business.
- Understand and document success criteria and strategic priorities for each customer within customized success plans.
- Facilitate renewal conversations for upcoming renewals within the current and next quarter.
- Build playbooks and customer resources, provide 1-2 trainings to the Customer Success team.
By the 6 month mark:
- Leverage strengths on a daily basis.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to customers’ executive sponsors and champions.
- Deepen knowledge around the 15Five product, best practices and research.
- Gather success stories from your customer about how they’ve leveraged 15Five to meet their company goals.
- Facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews with each customer, using data to make recommendations on how to best maximize 15Five.
- Spearhead team and cross-functional initiatives to improve team processes, tools, and content.
- Contribute to the growth of our team by interviewing and training new CSMs.
By the 12 month mark:
- Demonstrate results in your customers’ success through ROI measurements and increased net revenue retention for your book of business.
- Deepen relationships with your customers and empower your customer advocates.
- Discover your Zone of Genius and embody your Best-Self.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 3-5+ years of experience in Customer Success, Account Management, Consulting, or another client-facing role, preferably in a similar role at a startup with SaaS-based solutions
- An impressive track record of developing revenue within an account and building trusted relationships with key stakeholders
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Ability to work cross-functionally and partner with other departments to best serve the customer
- Commitment to continuous learning, growth, and development
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Domain knowledge in the performance management space and previously partnering with HR/People Ops stakeholders
- Familiarity with the Objectives and Key Results methodology
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Salesforce.com integrated products
WHO YOU ARE
- Strategic: you have experience turning ideas into action and able to show results
- Strong relationship builder: you know how to navigate organizational dynamics and build relationships with the right people
- Empathic: others compliment you for your high emotional intelligence and you go out of your way to ensure customers are heard
- Self-accountable: you hold yourself responsible in driving your customers’ desired business outcomes and providing a delightful customer experience
- Self-motivated: you inspire the team by taking the initiative to own your performance and contributions to the team
- Growth-oriented: you embrace coaching and are able to apply feedback immediately to improve performance and evolve personally and professionally
- Data-driven: you get excited about leveraging data to drive recommendations to customers
- Dynamic: you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are excited by change and ambiguity
A pioneer in the new generation of employee feedback, engagement and performance tools, 15Five is backed by Point Nine Capital and Matrix Partners. With headquarters in San Francisco and offices in New York and Raleigh, we’ve built a world class company culture that is reinventing how companies listen to their employees and help them be their best selves at work. Some of our customers include Citrix, Indeed, Etsy, Hubspot, Spotify, Warby Parker and 1,400+ more. We take pride in building a company and product that materially improves people’s lives, whether they’re an employee or a customer.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. Check out these links to learn more about what’s important to us.