Senior Frontend Engineer- Dashboards & Visualizations
San Francisco, CA
15Five is looking for a top-notch Front-end Software Engineer to help us bring user experience to the next level by working closely with our team to build beautiful, clean and simple application. You will work in an amazing environment where both professional and personal growth is promoted. You’ll be playing an important role in collectively creating a company that helps others reach their highest potential. This role is based out of our San Francisco, CA office location.
Life is too short to build an average product. We strive for greatness in every corner of our product; from launching new features to fixing the smallest bug. We care deeply about the quality of what we put out into the world and ensure 15Five delivers a purposefully positive experience at every touchpoint and customer interaction.
What You'll Do
- Help our design and engineering teams in building a fully responsive and fast application
- Assist in the development of one-off pages
- Do peer code review to learn from each other and catch issues early
- Identify areas for optimization from both a performance and development workflow perspective
- Work with our design team to build out interactive mock-ups to help demonstrate concepts & ideas to product owners
- Help maintain our internal style guide and be the voice that keeps our design and engineering teams delivering a consistent experience to our users
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years experience of front-end development. You obsess over the semantics of HTML and have a thorough understanding of the cascade and details of CSS
- Solid experience building dashboards and visualizations
- 2+ years experience with a CSS preprocessor and how to use it effectively (we use Sass)
- A solid understanding of mix-ins, placeholders, variables, functions within CSS preprocessors
- Experience with—and opinions about—existing CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Obsession with optimizations - caching, minimal code for fastest loading and rendering
- Strong opinions on design, either through past experience working as a designer or working very closely with a team of designers
- Experience developing within a dynamic web environment (Python, PHP, etc.)
Who You Are
- You have passion for 15Five's WHY of creating the space for people to be their greatest selves, and you are totally aligned with 15Five's Values
- Deep alignment with 15Five’s design values of elegant simplicity, beautiful aesthetic, attention to detail, and human-centric
- You love writing clean and maintainable code accompanied by useful tests
- You enjoy working in a team of like-minded people yet thrive working independently and owning projects
- You have a strong reputation for accountability - your colleagues know they can rely on you
- Someone with a low tolerance for mediocre work
- You communicate in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluate information / data to make decisions
- Desire to always be learning and staying on top of the latest trends and technologies
- You’re passionate about, not only being extraordinary in your work life, but creating an extraordinary personal life as well
We’re a company that’s out to make history. We envision a world where every person has the opportunity be engaged in work that is meaningful to them, working alongside people they deeply trust and respect, building towards a common and inspiring vision, and where their work not only calls out their individual greatness, but together leads to creating a world-class, high performing company where everybody wins. At 15Five, we’re building that kind of company and we’re looking for exceptional, like-minded individuals to join our team.
15Five helps companies create a culture of feedback, having employees feel heard, and providing their managers with visibility into their organizations. It helps teams produce deeper, more trusted relationships over time, helps managers and executives stay tuned in to issues and great ideas as they arise, and ultimately helps everyone win by creating more transparency and accountability. This leads to employees who are more engaged, and teams who perform at a much higher level.
A pioneer in the new generation of employee feedback, engagement and performance tools, 15Five is backed by Point Nine Capital and Matrix Partners. With headquarters in San Francisco and offices in New York and Raleigh, we’ve built a world class company culture that is reinventing how companies listen to their employees and help them be their best selves at work. Some of our customers include Citrix, Indeed, Etsy, HubSpot, Spotify, Warby Parker and 1,600+ more.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity, belonging and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. Check out these links to learn more about what’s important to us.