Director of Marketing, Demand Generation
US-Based Only /
RevOrg – Marketing /
Full Time Exempt
15Five is seeking a new Director of Demand Generation. Our Director of Demand Generation owns the marketing funnel and is responsible for driving qualified opportunities that ultimately convert prospects to customers. In this role, you will develop and execute both strategic and tactical plans to exceed pipeline and revenue goals through digital marketing programs, online and offline events, and account-based marketing. You will continuously evaluate and adjust this mix so that we are creating and capturing demand as efficiently as possible. By partnering with Revenue Operations, you will always look to improve conversion rates through the funnel by ensuring our marketing systems are nurturing, scoring and routing appropriately and that no good lead or opportunity is ever left behind.
A person who will excel in this role is someone who thinks full funnel and does not stop at MQL, and who partners across the company to acquire, retain, cross-sell, and up-sell customers. You must be willing to take risks and experiment, while learning and failing fast. This role requires a strategic leader that is equal parts creative, operational, collaborative, and revenue-minded. The Director of Demand Gen will report interim to the Chief Revenue Officer of 15Five.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop overall strategy, monthly breakthrough goals, and quarterly strategic objectives and key results (OKRs) in partnership with the team and cross-functional leaders
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness of demand generation programs while working cross-functionally across the organization
- Lead, motivate, and manage a team and agency relationships to drive alignment, efficiency, high performance, and engagement of team members
- Coach, mentor, and provide actionable feedback to team members to enable their career and capability growth
- Create a culture of learning that ensures all advertisements are grounded in the psychological principles of influence, persuasion, and buying behavior.
- Drive digital experiences to deliver conversions across paid media platforms (e.g., website, microsites, paid social, SEM, display, content syndication, etc.) to showcase and drive demand for 15Five’s products (e.g., Software, Academy, and Services)
- Define and execute programs and tactics to support Account-based Marketing (ABM) initiatives
- Monitor, analyze, and work with agencies to execute marketing programs, conduct A/B testing and optimize digital campaigns to ensure strong ROI
- Create and execute integrated campaigns for both digital and offline channels that convey 15Five’s messaging and positioning to drive net new revenue for all market segments (e.g., SMB, Mid-Market, and Enterprise)
- Own online and offline events strategy via conferences, tradeshows, webinars, 15Five’s user conference, roundtables, etc
- Continually assess, recommend, and test new marketing channels and cutting-edge strategies to ensure our marketing efforts are innovative and advantageous
- Establish quarterly KPIs and benchmarks based on performance and departmental goals, reporting results to key stakeholders on a weekly and monthly basis
- Forecast, measure, analyze, and report the impact of campaign and demand activities on sales pipeline, revenue, and demand funnel velocity
- Maintain a data-first approach to measure and optimize performance, conversion, and ROI
- Partner with Revenue Operations to leverage marketing software to achieve results (e.g. marketing automation, lead routing and scoring, reporting and analytics)
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Sales to create a Growth team which leverages rapid testing and experimentation to constantly improve conversion rates and usage metrics
- Optimize website and in-app experiences to eliminate bottlenecks and increase the number of product qualified leads (PQLs) and paid customers
- Contribute to the Growth team’s testing and execution of pricing and packaging plans, upgrade paths, in-app messaging, and onboarding guides
- Support reporting and measurement of PLG efforts
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 8+ years of experience of relevant marketing experience, primarily in B2B tech
- 3+ years of experience building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing professionals
- Strong global, multi-channel campaign strategy, development, and execution experience. Prior experience planning and executing campaigns for customer and partner audiences.
- Big picture thinking balanced with meticulous attention to detail – ability to quickly understand overall business objectives, create a well-aligned marketing strategy and execute plans with clearly defined metrics and KPIs.
- Strong analytical skills with a proven track record in making data-driven decisions to continually optimize performance and determine future investments
- Product-led Growth / Freemium experience is preferred
- ABM experience is preferred. Knowledge of ABM principles and technologies is a must.
- Technical skill with web, marketing automation, Salesforce, and Google Analytics
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience using Salesforce and Marketing CRM (Marketo, Eloqua, Hubspot or Pardot)
- Ability to proactively collaborate, build relationships, and drive results across teams and at all levels of an organization
- Prior experience marketing to HR personas is a plus
WHO YOU ARE
- You enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; must be a self-starter who can balance priorities and take initiative with limited resources
- Avid learner and enthusiastic teacher of all things marketing
- You bring a deep understanding and passion for the psychological principles underpinning buying behavior and decision making
DESIRED IMPACT BY 3 MONTHS
- Audit existing metrics, Demand Gen strategies, ads, copy, and offers, and present 2021 business plan to Revenue Leadership
- Work with Head of Marketing to review and set 2021 budget
- Complete all Best-Self Kickoff conversations with direct reports
- Meet with key stakeholders from across the company to increase knowledge of our industry, competitors, segments, business OKRs, use cases, and differentiators in order to design strategies and tactics that align with our revenue goals
DESIRED IMPACT BY 6 MONTHS
- Increase conversion rate from MQL to Sales opportunity by improving lead quality
- Implement best practices for high tempo testing
- Have a full understanding of the Brand Roadmap as a key stakeholder in the process
- Pilot new marketing channels (and messaging) based on data, intel and trends; measure, share and act on results
DESIRED IMPACT BY 12 MONTHS
- Cost effectively grow lead flow in all segments to scale with revenue goals while improving conversion rates
- Complete an audit of nurture campaigns and lead scoring, and implement necessary changes to improve lead quality, conversions and win rates
- Performance of 15Five’s product-led growth funnel exceeds industry averages
SAMPLE WEEK IN THE LIFE
- Monday: Monday Boost, Dashboard metrics review, review weekly team check-ins, team meeting, bi-monthly RevUp meeting, and individual deep work time
- Tuesday: Marketing and sales cross functional meeting, and 1:1s with individual team members
- Wednesday: Wednesday Boost, Dashboard metrics review, follow-up on recently launched campaigns, 1:1 with manager, and special project meetings
- Thursday: Weekly RevOrg leadership meeting, meet with peer leadership (Product, Brand & Content, and Sales) and individual deep work time
- Friday: Question Friday, dashboard metrics review, outline next week’s team meeting, set goals for the following week (for yourself based on objectives), and individual deep work time
15FIVE UNIVERSAL ATTRIBUTES
- Open to vulnerability, self-reflection, and candid feedback to grow personally and professionally
- Curious and committed to innovation, continuous learning, and growth
- Self-motivated, self-responsible, and self-accountable
15Five is a people and performance platform that instantly upgrades each and every manager. It works by combining employee engagement, continuous performance management, and manager effectiveness software with education, services, and community. At the heart of our approach is Best-Self Management, an evidence-inspired strategy for cultivating world-class managers and transforming organizations by unlocking every employee’s potential. With our holistic solution, CEOs, HR leaders, and managers create highly-engaged, high-performing organizations.
We work with over 2,000 forward-thinking companies that use our solution to bring out the best in their people, including big brand names like Credit Karma, WP Engine, Adobe, and Fitbit. 15Five is backed by Next 47, Origin Ventures, Point Nine Capital, and Matrix Partners. Its headquarters are based in San Francisco, with offices in New York and Raleigh, NC. The company is working 100% remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. Check out these links to learn more about what’s important to us.