Director, Data Insights & Intelligence
US, Remote /
G&A – Finance & Operations /
Full Time Exempt
15Five is looking for a data insights and business intelligence expert who can successfully design, build, and implement data analytics programs. We are just getting started on our data journey, and we are looking for someone with technical skills and business acumen to lead our emerging team. A successful candidate has the management skills to lead and scale a team of analysts and technical developers, help us implement our first business intelligence platform, structure our data for scale, and lead the company to be data driven.
- Create, champion, and execute the organization’s data vision and strategy
- Create the Data Vision and evangelize this vision to the organization
- Assess current data structure and make recommendations for improvements
- Drive definition and prioritization of core data needs across BI systems, data architecture, and ETL
- Champion the usage of data across the organization including a shared, consistent definition of core data interests
- Own the data roadmap and implementation of data tools, architecture, and processes
- Lead an implementation of Tableau
- Create and steer the data analytics roadmap
- Champion a scalable data architecture and the development of company dashboards that enable stakeholders with business critical information
- Work with the security team to support data governance
- Build, coach, and mentor a high performing data team
- Manage a team of business analysts and technical developers
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-driven, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic and distributed environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field (engineering, data science, computer science, business, etc) or proven track record and equivalent experience
- 8-10 years of experience, with at least 3 years in SaaS, preferred
- Experience building data analysis tools, including data acquisition, storage, querying, and visualization (e.g. SQL, Tableau, Looker, Snowflake, PowerBI, etc)
- Experience working with data warehouse platforms such as RedShift, Snowflake, MS SQL Server DW/BI, etc.
- Experience leading or managing a team of individual contributors
- Experience and comfort with data – understanding data, synthesizing and visualizing actionable insights
SAMPLE WEEK IN THE LIFE
- Monday: Collaborate with Business stakeholders to provide relevant data that enables decision making. Manage ad-hoc requests regarding business metrics with clear insights and explanation. Participate in company-wide boost calls.
- Tuesday: Collaborate with the Data Engineer and other Data Analysts regarding data collection. Several calls with business stakeholders in order to help with recent dashboards released.
- Wednesday: Create queries and dashboards in data visualization tools. Manage ad-hoc requests regarding business related product metrics with clear insights and explanation.
- Thursday: Proactively provide examples of data insights usage and educating team members on the tools you have created.
- Friday: Collect and digest information from QuickSight/Redash/SuperSet and relay data/insights to appropriate stakeholders.
Founded in 2011, 15Five equips HR leaders to play a strategic role in their company’s growth. HR leaders use 15Five to combine engagement, performance, and OKRs on one platform so they can make insightful decisions and take strategic action. Unlike other ‘command and control’ performance systems, 15Five uses the latest in people science to turn managers and employees into self-driven owners of performance and engagement. To further the impact of talent on company growth, 15Five also provides education, coaching, and community for HR leaders, managers, and employees. HR leaders at over 2,800 companies, including Credit Karma, Spotify, and Pendo, rely on 15Five’s software and services to make their talent a growth driver.
At 15Five we focus on building a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. We are proud of our thriving hybrid culture that supports a remote-first workplace balanced with distributed office hubs, and annual opportunities for all employees to connect in person. We also offer: full Medical, Dental, and Vision, employer paid Term, Short Term and Long Term Disability, paid Sick Time Off, Military Leave, Jury Duty Leave, Unlimited Vacation, flexible work arrangements, up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave for birth and non-birth parents, Bereavement Leave, therapy and relationship counseling, weekly Best-Self Time, monthly stipend for wellness, monthly reimbursement for phone and/or internet, Sabbatical Program accessed at 5 or 7 Years and Retirement Account Program with 4% match at 6 months employment. We also provide extensive training and development such as strengths discovery and alignment and Manager specific development opportunities.
For more information see:
Reading over the role description and feeling like you don’t check every box? That’s okay; if you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet all the criteria, please apply—you could be exactly who we are looking for!