Senior Product Manager
US, Remote /
R&D – Product Management /
Full Time Exempt
Our continuous performance management software has quickly become one of the most popular People Ops products in the SMB market. Thanks to its innovative functionality and embodiment of our Best-Self philosophy, our solution is supporting employee development in ever-larger enterprises in more markets around the world.
The R&D team’s Senior Product Manager will play a key role in ensuring this innovation continues. You will do this by turning customer needs into product priorities and roadmaps with users stories. Working closely with other departments, you’ll be responsible for effectively communicating product details and coordinating launches that help customers maximize their investments with us. Once shipped, you’ll track success metrics, report results, and propose necessary updates. This role requires someone who can build consensus within critical timelines and motivate stakeholders toward developing best-in-class products that reflect 15Five’s core values.
- Squad Strategy and Execution
- Understand our product and business strategies along with our existing and future customers
- Drive the strategy, vision, and ongoing roadmap for your product area and for your squadUse market data, customer feedback, and differentiating capabilities to influence this framework
- Lead project execution by gathering requirements and setting goals
- Work with Product Design & Research to understand customer needs and behavior
- Share customer insights with the wider Product team and use them to refine product direction
- Drive product improvements based on user data, customer feedback, and A/B testing
- Create scalable solutions while simultaneously pre-empting future customer needs
- Understand complex technical challenges and convey them to non-technical stakeholders
- Identify key engagement and performance metrics across your product areaDevelop long-term strategies to improve metrics and use them to tell a better story about 15Five
- Serve as squad ambassador to the Sales, and Customer Success and Support teams
- Rapidly iterate and evolve the product to meet the needs of a hyper-growth company
- Experience building products that collect data and meaningful insights
- Experience turning ideas into action and able to show results
- Strong communication skills and adept at building relationships
- Ability to engage with end users, conduct user research, and integrate findings into your work
- Quick decision-making skills to solve complex technical and operational challenges
- Ability to dive into big projects and manage them from start to finish
- Analytical with a metrics-driven approach to problem-solving, product development, and growth
- Collaborative and able to bring out the best in others to find the right answers
- Passion for all things data
- Empathetic, going out of your way to ensure customers’ needs are heard
- Growth-minded and open to coaching
- Apply feedback immediately to improve performance and evolve personally and professionally
- Experience building data visualization heavy solutions
- Experience working in a small team/squad cross functional environment
- Previous experience in a product management role
- Direct experience talking with customers to gain insight and understand their challenges
- Proven ability to complete end to end product process from discovery to delivery and analysis
- Experience working across departments to move forward projects that require stakeholder involvement outside the team
- Technical strengths with data analysis and database reporting
- Previous experience integrating products is a plus
SAMPLE WEEK IN THE LIFE
- Monday: Co-lead the squad planning meeting with the engineering manager followed by a 1-1 with your group product manager, and an all hands boost. In the afternoon, focus on backlog grooming and problem definitions.
- Tuesday: Standup with the team then join a product discovery meeting with a customer. Prepare release notes and documentation for a feature launching soon.
- Wednesday: Standup with the team followed by a backlog grooming meeting with the engineering manager and design lead and then a design session with the squad to explore possible approaches to solve a problem. End the day triaging issues from support and working with engineering to define their severity and replication steps.
- Thursday: Asynchronous standup with the team then a day with no meetings to focus on finishing a strategy document for engage that will guide the team for the next 2-3 years as well as deep analysis of initial data from a new feature.
- Friday: Standup with the team, question Friday, 1-1 with design lead, and then the squad review meeting. End with submitting your 15Five as a reflection of your week and best self time.
Founded in 2011, 15Five equips HR leaders to play a strategic role in their company’s growth. HR leaders use 15Five to combine engagement, performance, and OKRs on one platform so they can make insightful decisions and take strategic action. Unlike other ‘command and control’ performance systems, 15Five uses the latest in people science to turn managers and employees into self-driven owners of performance and engagement. To further the impact of talent on company growth, 15Five also provides education, coaching, and community for HR leaders, managers, and employees. HR leaders at over 2,800 companies, including Credit Karma, Spotify, and Pendo, rely on 15Five’s software and services to make their talent a growth driver.
At 15Five we focus on building a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. We are proud of our thriving hybrid culture that supports a remote-first workplace balanced with distributed office hubs, and annual opportunities for all employees to connect in person. We also offer: full Medical, Dental, and Vision, employer paid Term, Short Term and Long Term Disability, paid Sick Time Off, Military Leave, Jury Duty Leave, Unlimited Vacation, flexible work arrangements, up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave for birth and non-birth parents, Bereavement Leave, therapy and relationship counseling, weekly Best-Self Time, monthly stipend for wellness, monthly reimbursement for phone and/or internet, Sabbatical Program accessed at 5 or 7 Years and Retirement Account Program with 4% match at 6 months employment. We also provide extensive training and development such as strengths discovery and alignment and Manager specific development opportunities.
For more information see:
Reading over the role description and feeling like you don’t check every box? That’s okay; if you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet all the criteria, please apply—you could be exactly who we are looking for!