San Francisco, CA
15Five is looking for a Design Researcher who will help to guide and inspire our product team in uncovering meaningful human-centered insights that drive impactful designs.
A pioneer in the new generation of employee feedback, engagement and performance tools, 15Five is backed by Point Nine Capital and Matrix Partners. With headquarters in San Francisco and offices in New York and Raleigh, we’ve built a world class company culture that is reinventing how companies listen to their employees and help them be their best selves at work. Some of our customers include Citrix, MailChimp, Etsy, Hubspot, JustFab, Warby Parker and 1,400+ more. We take pride in building a company and product that materially improves people’s lives, whether they’re an employee or a customer.
As a Design Researcher at 15Five, your responsibility is to conduct and synthesize user research that deepens our understanding of existing and future customers needs and painpoints. You will uncover insights and articulately communicate your findings that will inform and inspire design. You will be a key addition to 15Five's user-centered product team; collaborating closely with Product Designers, PMs and other cross-functional partners. As our first dedicated Design Researcher, you will play a huge part in creating a smarter, more informed and empathetic product team.
This position is based in our San Francisco office but you will also need to be available for travel.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Facilitate research and generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Create a streamlined recruitment process for existing and potential customers
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and some relevant quantitative methods
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, engineering, marketing and customer-facing teams
- Synthesize your research findings and ensure effective communication of research findings and communicate results in compelling and creative ways
- Participate in product discussions, design reviews, and strategic research planning
- Own and implement research process, tools and initiatives at 15Five
- 4+ years of UX-related work experience
- Self-directed and takes initiative
- Broad experience with a wide range of research methods
- You communicate and tell stories using writing, visuals and compelling verbal communication
- Experienced with both in-person and remote research
- B2B enterprise experience and comfortable communicating with C-Level executives
- Have designed and implemented a research process and best practices