Customer Success Manager
Raleigh, NC /
Revenue Organization – Customer Success /
Full Time Exempt
As a Customer Success Manager (CSM) you will partner with a portfolio of mid-market 15Five customers to help them maximize the next generation of continuous performance management software. The primary focus of the role is to ensure customers are receiving the tools, guidance and support needed to achieve their goals with 15Five.
AREAS OF FOCUS
Strategically managing your book of business to ensure customer retention and growth
Advising our customers on how to adopt 15Five as a practice to drive business outcomes
Partnering with our customers and enabling them to be agents of change
Serving as a voice, advocate and sounding board for our customers
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build strong relationships with key customer stakeholders across executive, director, and manager levels by serving as a 15Five product and philosophy subject matter expert.
- Understand your customers’ performance management, manager effectiveness, employee engagement and culture goals. Align on their success outcomes with 15Five and capture value measurements pre- and post-15Five.
- Facilitate Executive Business Reviews to make your customers aware of their 15Five engagement, provide guidance on strategies and best practices on how to maximize 15Five, and help determine what actions to take to increase usage and value.
- Co-create success plans with your customers on how to best leverage 15Five to enable them to achieve their success outcomes.
- Identify and mobilize executive sponsors and champions to advocate for 15Five internally at their organizations.
- Hold key contacts accountable in taking action to drive their success outcomes.
- Advise and help your customers with change management around 15Five.
- Help your customers create change within their organization by providing them with the appropriate 15Five resources.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams (i.e. Sales, Account Management, Services, Support, Product, Marketing) to drive toward your customers’ desired success outcomes and to ensure your customers’ voices are heard.
- Advocate for your customers’ product enhancement requests.
- Respond promptly to customer questions and partner with the Support team to resolve technical issues.
- Inspire Customer Success across the company.
- Serve as the primary 15Five point of contact for your customers and own the customer journey from onboarding to renewal. Partner with Implementation to get the customer up and running on 15Five and partner with Sales and Account Management to drive expansion.
- Proactively monitor net retention key performance indicators and report on customer health and metrics.
- Manage your book of business by reviewing a customer health report, segmented by risk and renewals.
- Prioritize your work by managing customer risk, driving upcoming renewals and overseeing customers in implementation.
- Proactively reach out to customers to get ahead of low adoption, renewals and new feature utilization.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 3+ years of experience in Customer Success, Account Management, Consulting, or another customer-facing role, preferably in a similar role at a startup with SaaS-based solutions
- An impressive track record of driving success outcomes for customers and quantifying the impact of a solution
- Experience with success planning and holding customers accountable to taking action
- Executive presence and ability to influence and challenge executive stakeholders
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Ability to work cross-functionally and partner with other departments to best serve the customer
- Experience innovating and creating new or enhanced resources that are used broadly across the team
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and presentation skills
- Familiarity with goal setting frameworks (i.e. the Objectives and Key Results methodology)
- Domain knowledge in the performance management space and previously partnering with HR/People Ops stakeholders
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Salesforce.com integrated products
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong collaborator that prioritizes building trusting relationships with key stakeholders
- Passionate about being extraordinary in both your work life and personal life
- Have a strong reputation for accountability and reliability
- Effectively articulate ideas and strategy
- Able to easily switch between strategic and tactical thinking
- Comfortable in a fluid environment with a high tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Growth-minded and open to coaching and mentorship
DESIRED IMPACT BY 3 MONTHS
- Complete 15Five’s new-hire onboarding and job-specific training for the CSM role.
- Gain clarity on expectations of your role and understand Best-Self Management.
- Identify needs for your team and role and build out your OKRs for the quarter.
- Start building the foundation of strong relationships with 15Five teammates.
- Begin building relationships with existing and new customers within your book of business.
- Understand and document success outcomes and strategic priorities for each customer within customized success plans.
- Facilitate renewal conversations for upcoming renewals within the current and next quarter.
- Build playbooks and customer resources, provide 1-2 trainings to the Customer Success team.
DESIRED IMPACT BY 6 MONTHS
- Leverage strengths on a daily basis. Serve as a trusted advisor to customers’ executive sponsors and champions.
- Deepen knowledge around the 15Five product, philosophy, best practices and research.
- Gather quantitative success stories from your customer about how they’ve leveraged 15Five to meet their company goals.
- Facilitate Executive Business Reviews with each customer, using data to make recommendations on how to best maximize 15Five.
- Spearhead team and cross-functional initiatives to improve team processes, tools, and content.
- Contribute to the growth of our team by interviewing and training new CSMs.
DESIRED IMPACT BY 12 MONTHS
- Demonstrate results in your customers’ success through ROI measurements and increased net revenue retention for your book of business.
- Deepen relationships with your customers and empower your customer advocates.
- Discover your Zone of Genius and embody your Best-Self.
SAMPLE WEEK IN THE LIFE
- Monday: You prepare and prioritize this week’s activities through a Customer Success platform and attend a company-wide call (Boost). You participate in a Revenue Organization call. You facilitate a customer Executive Business Review and co-create a success plan with the customer based on their success outcomes. You reach out to customers with upcoming renewals.
- Tuesday: You partner with an Implementation Specialist to help a new customer onboard onto 15Five. You provide the customer with best practices around change management. You join another customer call, this time with your product colleagues who are walking through the 15Five roadmap with the customer and obtaining feedback about the Reporting feature.
- Wednesday: You attend Boost. You hop on a customer call to guide them through the administrative steps to get a Best-Self Review cycle up and running. You facilitate another customer call to gather their quantitative value measurements of 15Five and to co-create a success story. You spend time following up with customers from the previous days’ calls with specific action items and owners.
- Thursday: You join a customer call to guide them through the Objectives feature and how to goal set within the context of their organization. You join another customer call to negotiate their renewal with them and send out their contract. You carve out time to take care of action items you own.
- Friday: You complete action items from the week and prepare for next week’s calls. You close out and process any renewals that occurred throughout the week. You fill out your weekly Check-in to document meaningful wins and challenges from the week.
15FIVE UNIVERSAL ATTRIBUTES
- Open to vulnerability, self-reflection, and candid feedback to grow personally and professionally
- Curious and committed to innovation, continuous learning, and growth
- Self-motivated, self-responsible, and self-accountable
15Five is a people and performance platform that instantly upgrades each and every manager. It works by combining employee engagement, continuous performance management, and manager effectiveness software with education, services, and community. At the heart of our approach is Best-Self Management, an evidence-inspired strategy for cultivating world-class managers and transforming organizations by unlocking every employee’s potential. With our holistic solution, CEOs, HR leaders, and managers create highly-engaged, high-performing organizations.
We work with over 2,000 forward-thinking companies that use our solution to bring out the best in their people, including big brand names like Credit Karma, WP Engine, Adobe, and Fitbit. 15Five is backed by Next 47, Origin Ventures, Point Nine Capital, and Matrix Partners. Its headquarters are based in San Francisco, with offices in New York and Raleigh, NC. The company is working 100% remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. To support our people, 15Five believes in flexible working arrangements, non-gendered Parental Leave, Flexible Time Off, Sick Time Off and extensive training and development including but not limited to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Best-Self Management, strengths discovery and alignment and Manager specific development opportunities.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, womxn and other underrepresented folx tend to only apply when they check every box. So, if you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet every single point listed below, please apply - you could be exactly who we are looking for!