Senior QA Engineer (manual)
Poland, Ukraine, US (Remote)
15Five is looking for an experienced QA Engineer to help us bring user experience to the next level. You will work in an amazing environment where both professional and personal growth is promoted. You’ll be playing an important role in collectively creating a company that helps others reach their highest potential.
Life is too short to build an average product. We strive for greatness in every corner of our product; from launching new features to fixing the smallest bug. We care deeply about the quality of what we put out into the world and ensure 15Five delivers a purposefully positive experience at every touchpoint and customer interaction.
This opportunity is available for candidates in Ukraine, Poland and US time zones. This is a full-time, remote position.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be a passionate evangelist for high-quality standards in every phase of the development process
- You'll work alongside product managers, developers, scrum masters and other QA's
- Design, implement, and execute test cases and test scenarios for new features, based on product and client-driven requirements
- Drive continuous improvement across the product and technology platforms
- Compliment fellow QA team member testing strategies and goals, identifying and resolving gaps where necessary
- Provide feedback and input on how testing can be more efficient and effective
- Test across devices in a robust testing matrix (multiple devices/OS/browsers) using a blended mix of automation and manual testing
- Report and help prioritize bugs in Jira
- Act as a last-line of defense for quality in releases; be comfortable pushing for release postponement where quality is concerned
- Work with entire QA team to ensure our product meets the high expectation of our stakeholders and customers.
DESIRED IMPACT BY THE 3 MONTH MARK
- Complete 15Five’s new-hire onboarding and job-specific training for the QA Software test engineer role.
- You’ll meet your cross-functional team, and learn the nuts and bolts of our product, our history, our mission and where we’re going.
- Identify needs for your team and role and build out your objectives for the quarter
DESIRED IMPACT BY THE 6 MONTH MARK
- Assist senior staff with testing bug fixes and new feature releases
- Continuously test existing and new features, based on user feedback, to improve overall product quality
DESIRED IMPACT BY THE 12 MONTH MARK
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to develop a comprehensive test suite for new features
- Take ownership of testing for multiple application features in both the web mobile squads
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 3+ years full-time experience testing web and/or mobile applications.
- Deep understanding of quality assurance testing for web application
- Ability to capture relevant logs, screen shots, and customer descriptions to provide to developers
- Deep understanding of methodologies and practices of software quality assurance
- A track record of bug detection and regression skills
- High attention to detail and precision
- Comfortable with the command line and familiarity with testing RESTful APIs a plus.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have passion for 15Five's WHY of creating the space for people to be their greatest selves, and you are totally aligned with 15Five's Values
- You enjoy working in a team of like-minded people yet thrive working independently and owning projects
- You have a strong reputation for accountability - your colleagues know they can rely on you
- Someone with a low tolerance for mediocre work
- You communicate in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluate information/data to make decisions
- You desire to always be learning and staying on top of the latest trends and technologies
- You’re passionate about, not only being extraordinary in your work life, but creating an extraordinary personal life as well
15 FIVE UNIVERSAL ATTRIBUTES
- Openness to vulnerability, self-reflection and receiving radically candid feedback to grow personally and professionally
- Curious and committed to innovation and continuous learning and growth
- Self-motivated, self-responsible and self-accountable
We’re a company that’s out to make history. We envision a world where every person has the opportunity be engaged in work that is meaningful to them, working alongside people they deeply trust and respect, building towards a common and inspiring vision, and where their work not only calls out their individual greatness, but together leads to creating a world-class, high performing company where everybody wins. At 15Five, we’re building that kind of company and we’re looking for exceptional, like-minded individuals to join our team.
15Five helps companies create a culture of feedback, having employees feel heard, and providing their managers with visibility into their organizations. It helps teams produce deeper, more trusted relationships over time, helps managers and executives stay tuned in to issues and great ideas as they arise, and ultimately helps everyone win by creating more transparency and accountability. This leads to employees who are more engaged, and teams who perform at a much higher level.
A pioneer in the new generation of employee feedback, engagement and performance tools, 15Five is backed by Point Nine Capital and Matrix Partners. With headquarters in San Francisco and offices in New York and Raleigh, we’ve built a world class company culture that is reinventing how companies listen to their employees and help them be their best selves at work. Some of our customers include Citrix, Indeed, Etsy, HubSpot, Spotify, Warby Parker and 1,600+ more.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity, belonging and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. Check out these links to learn more about what’s important to us.