Sales Development Representative
Mountain View /
Sales & Marketing /
1build is looking for our first Sales Development Reps to assist our sales and customer success operations. In this role you will grow revenue and help clients succeed, by building relationships and driving results. You are the first point of contact for customers and responsible for driving sales and customer satisfaction. You will explain our service, collect key information, qualify and convert leads to satisfied customers.
This role will sit at the intersection of product and customers, you will focus on sales, customer success, and product solutions. You will provide product information to our customers, delivering value and support throughout the process. This is a great opportunity to join a small team and anchor a key position to help drive sales and grow our customer base.
1build automates cost estimates for construction companies. We are creating a marketplace of professional cost estimators powered by computer vision and data models to produce highly accurate construction estimates in a fraction of time.
Traditionally, cost estimates are prepared by hand — an error-prone process that takes dozens of hours per construction project. 1build launched in 2019 and has already estimated $100M+ worth of projects for top contractors and well-known retail brands such as Amazon, 7-Eleven, and Hilton. With 1build, builders' ability to bid on new projects has increased by 15x.
Starting with cost estimation, 1build's ultimate mission is to become an interface that enables humans and machines to design beautiful buildings at scale with less waste.
To date we have raised $4.5M in funding from top funds like Initialized Capital and angels with deep industry connections like co-founders of PlanGrid. Our team hails from leadership positions at Apple, Tesla, WeWork, and academic backgrounds from Harvard & Princeton.
What you'll do:
- Manage inbound and outbound calls and emails/inquiries, convert leads, and schedule productive follow up calls
- Qualify prospects, determining if they submitted adequate plans for our team of estimators to provide thorough cost estimates
- As the first point of contact to our customers; provide relevant product information and pricing, articulate product/industry specific lingo, and move them through the pipeline accordingly
- Develop and cultivate trusting relationships and manage the day-to-day needs of customers
- Review client pain points, timeline, and budget expectations; ask questions, listen attentively and make smart, informed decisions
- Collect and manage prospect and customer activity in Asana
- Simultaneously manage multiple customers who are at different points of the account lifecycle
- Ensure attainment of company sales goals and profitability
- Work closely and communicate clearly with the operations, engineering, and construction estimation teams; Provide regular feedback on accounts to management team
- Develop a deep understanding of the construction industry’s pain points
- Ambitious, resourceful, adaptable, an entrepreneurial spirit and creative problem solver
- Experience creating and reaching sales and customer success goals
- Strong attention to detail and efficient, clear communicator
- Thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment with a passion for achieving results
- You see problems coming and get in front of them; you follow up and gets things done
- You make a great first impression and can engage with a range of customers from individual business owners to C-level executives and everything in between
- You are organized, thorough, and complete tasks appropriately in a timely manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- 1-3 years experience in Sales, Account Management, Customer Success, or similar
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- Knowledge of the Construction industry is a huge plus
- Experience with productivity tools like Asana, Salesforce, etc also a plus
Benefits at 1build:
Opportunity to work a remote-first company
Competitive compensation and equity
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Opportunity to become a construction industry innovator
Creative and entrepreneurial working environment
Join a small, growing team as an early member ready to make an impact and advance your career development