Sr Design Operations Manager
Remote (US or Canada)
Product – Design & UX /
Full Time Remote /
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
We’re looking for a creative and efficiency-driven Senior Design Operations Manager to shape our experience, design and research organization at 1Password. We want someone who’s excited about products that solve user privacy and security needs, with a compelling record for impact. You’ll be a thought partner to design leaders, thinking about our processes and rituals and how to improve them, all while motivating the team. As a Senior Design Operations Manager, you’ll work directly with our CXO on the design roadmap and organizational development. This role will also manage design-specific tools.
The Senior Design Operations Manager will play a critical role in our experience, design, and research team, and we’re looking for a creative and driven person who thrives in ambiguity and is comfortable working alongside design leaders.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of work experience, 2+ years of that working within design.
- Proficient in Figma and other leading design and research tools.
- Champion for constant, iterative improvement of processes and workflows; ability to iterate thoughtfully.
- Solutions oriented: Able to creatively solve problems and motivate colleagues to act.
- Anticipates the needs of the business by introducing the right process at the right time to drive measurable results.
- Creates and drives rituals that engage and motivate the design team.
- Facilitate constant, clear communication across our experience, design and research organization and with cross-functional partners; proactively address anticipated bottlenecks.
- Ready to tackle ambiguous problems and deliver action-oriented solutions, bringing everyone along with clear, compelling communication.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly scaling environment, able to tackle multiple projects and priorities.
- Naturally curious with a sense of ownership, growth mindset, and a “ship it” mentality.
What you can expect:
- Working with a passionate, highly motivated, cross-functional team that is focused on building a safer, simpler digital future for everyone.
- Together with a team of design leaders, you’ll work to mature and grow 1Password’s experience, design, and research organization
- Being a part of a high impact team helping deliver products customers love
- A dynamic, highly collaborative environment
- An opportunity to shape and drive design strategy at a fast moving, user-focused company
- Having fun working in a fast-paced environment and being part of a team that prioritizes close collaboration over rigid processes
- Embrace and contribute to our diversity of perspectives, ideas, backgrounds, and strengths
USA-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $126,000 USD and $170,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password's benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $122,000 CAD and $164,000 CAD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [email@example.com] or through 1Password Support.