Senior Staff Developer
Remote (US or Canada) /
Development – Backend Development /
Full Time Remote
60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
Come help us bring 1Password to millions of users! 1Password is growing and we want to ensure that our codebase and service scale with that growth. That's where you come in. We're looking for someone that has experience dealing with scalability issues to help us keep the path clear of obstacles.
What we're looking for:
- Experience leading a project that has had to scale to tens or hundreds of millions of users
- Intimately familiar with the performance characteristics of MySQL (or Aurora)
- Experience designing systems that have had to scale from a development perspective (i.e. how do we break things up so that we aren't all stepping on each others' toes)
- Experience with queuing systems (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, ...)
- Experience deploying large scale systems
- Experience creating road maps for large infrastructure changes
Bonus points for:
- Proficiency with Go as a programming language
- Experience with multi-cloud deployments
- Experience with Vitess or other MySQL sharding techniques
- Experience with AWS
What you can expect:
- Ensuring that 1Password functions just as well for teams of 500,000 users as it does teams of 5.
- Identifying systematic bottlenecks in our current design.
- Building both short term and long term road maps for our architectural design.
- Coordinate and work alongside Backend engineers to implement the planned changes.
- Collaborating with other teams to ensure that features we're building are going to be performant.
“We're a team of developers who are passionate about creating great software. We work on challenging technical problems with demanding security considerations using the best tools at our disposal, and are constantly pushing ourselves.”
– Rick Fillion, VP of Engineering: 1Password.com