Senior Technical Program Manager
Remote (US or Canada) /
Technology – Shared Engineering Services /
Full Time Remote
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
Our Technical Program Management (TPM) team is at the center of the engine that drives our teams to produce great software. For 1Password’s Tech organization, scaling execution is a critical focus as we grow. The TPM team acts as a force multiplier for the Tech organization by driving cross-functional, technical initiatives. We align teams both inside and outside of Tech to enable timely decisions, uncover gaps, and guide programs towards well-defined, successful outcomes. We use our communication, technical, and organizational skills to help the entire Tech org solve its highest priority problems. The TPM org supports programs across all of Tech, including Engineering, Security, Dev Ops, and IT.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of software development or technical program management experience.
- Skilled at taking loosely defined product requirements, turning them into detailed technical program plans with measurable outcomes, driving execution of those plans, and delivering on time.
- Accomplished at coordinating and aligning cross-functional teams across several different technical domains.
- Takes ownership over long running programs requiring only limited instruction.
- Adept at clearly and concisely communicating and presenting technical concepts to any sized group of experts and non-experts, including executives.
- Experience building light-weight, sustainable processes that promote informed, synchronized and productive teams.
- Strong leadership skills. Knows how to foster relationships throughout the company in order to facilitate collaboration. Leads teams to find solutions and ultimately drives programs to successful completion.
- Organization. Aligns and seamlessly coordinates teams through well organized communication and documentation that captures both the big picture and the details.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to deep dive into the program and any problems that arise, in order to become a source of knowledge of the program.
- A profound respect for user privacy and information security.
- Humility. Ask lots of questions, learn from any failures, and continually stretch yourself.
What you can expect:
- Function as a force multiplier across our tech organization, promoting best practices across all teams and team members.
- Lead the coordination between Product, Design, and Tech teams to deliver high quality and highly reliable apps and services.
- Facilitate teams being their most productive by turning product requirements into technical program plans, setting priorities, coordinating delivery, and helping discover solutions to problems as they arise.
- Align teams on scope and timeline, establish project milestones, execute on the plan and deliver on time.
- Coordinate and lead design reviews to guarantee program goals will be met.
- Influence team moral and rally teams to meet goals.
- Develop an understanding of our full technical stack to be able to facilitate complex technical conversations.
- Keep security and privacy front of mind in all aspects of your work.
- Exhibit a fierce sense of ownership over the program, setting an example for all team members.
- Regularly communicate program status and relevant issues to all team members and stakeholders.
- Facilitate program reviews and meetings. Recording details, decisions and action items from each.
- Mentor junior TPMs in the tech organization.
Even if you don't tick all those boxes, we'd like to hear from you.
The most important part of this job is approaching new challenges with curiosity. The Tech organization inside of 1Password is growing quickly and we are a relatively new team. That means there are great opportunities and challenges as we lay a path for this team. If you bring a desire to do the right thing for our customers, a sense of ownership over the programs you work on, we want to hear from you.
United States-based roles only: Minimum annual salary for this role is $128,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [email@example.com].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or through 1Password Support.