Remote (US or Canada) /
Security – Security /
Full Time Remote
60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
1Password has a long-standing commitment to customer privacy and security, and the Security Team is responsible for safeguarding them. We are a passionate team that really cares about protecting our customers, and are looking for new team members that bring that same passion.
As a Security Engineer, you’ll be working with both our Security Team, as well as the development teams to help us to continue to raise the bar for security. This includes working with developers on security-critical features, identifying and correcting security issues, and working on other initiatives to improve the security of our applications.
What we're looking for:
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing software in at least one of the following: Rust, Go, C#, Java, C/Obj-C/C++.
- Development experience with Rust is a strong plus
- Experience automating tasks using a scripting language
- Experience using git and related tools
- Experience working with cryptographic libraries, and an understanding of applied cryptography
- Experience with CI/CD systems
Bonus points for:
- Experience with tools such as Burp Suite, ZAP, or other security testing tools
- Experience performing manual penetration testing of web and/or mobile applications
What you can expect:
- Perform code reviews in a variety of languages
- Working with the development teams on security-critical features, implementing secure protocols, and other code that is important to the security of the applications
- Working with the development teams to improve the security of CI/CD processes
- Integrating automated security testing into the CI process
- Help to develop security training material for developers
- Develop specialized security tools for internal use
- Perform manual and automated security testing against our applications
- Contribute to blog posts for our security team blog
1Password is a password manager that keeps you safe online. It stores all your personal information — passwords, credit cards, licenses and more — behind a single Master Password that only you know.