Senior Product Marketing Manager
Remote (US or Canada)
Product – Product Marketing /
Full Time Remote /
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
1Password is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to play a central role in driving our product marketing for a new security solution. You will work closely alongside our product team to build a new product from 0 to 1 by playing a critical role gathering customer insights, defining market requirements, creating messaging, and leading the go-to-market strategy. The ideal candidate has direct experience working on Zero Trust-related technologies like identity, application, or device security and is familiar with the broader cybersecurity industry. You will also partner closely with our marketing, research, and sales teams to deliver winning strategies that drive market awareness, customer acquisition/expansion, and an impactful product roadmap.
The product marketing team plays a critical role in driving insights, storytelling, and growth at 1Password. We are responsible for leading go-to-market, championing the voice-of-the-customer, and building cross-functional collaborative strategies that improve outcomes throughout the product life cycle, and marketing and sales process.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years in the product marketing function with 8+ years of total work experience
- You have familiarity with products and technologies from Okta, Microsoft Security, ZScaler, Cloudflare, Netskope, Duo Security, and similar companies
- You are obsessed with understanding customers' problems and leveraging market insights to create product roadmap recommendations, messaging, and go-to-market strategies.
- You are a self-starter and enjoy leading the way on projects where there may not be a clear roadmap to follow, setting clear goals and reprioritizing work to have maximum business impact.
- You lead with data and insights - leveraging both product and market data to drive product prioritization, customer adoption, and marketing campaign recommendations. You understand that perfect data does not always exist and in these situations understand how to find and use proxy data/insights to make smart assumptions and decisions.
- You have led and managed complex and comprehensive go-to-market strategies including audience segmentation, product positioning, messaging frameworks, competitive analysis, and cross-functional launch plans.
- You can achieve alignment across various cross-functional teams like product, marketing, design, engineering, sales, support, and analytics - including presenting to executives as needed
- You are a strong communicator and able to navigate the unique challenges of a remote-first workplace and distributed team.
- Culture and growth mindset is important to you. You value supporting others, listening and learning, winning as a team, and ultimately having fun with the people you work with.
What you can expect:
- Connect the customer to the value: Build deep understanding of customer needs, pain points, and competitive set to create positioning and messaging frameworks for our new product offerings.
- Launch the product: Lead and drive the strategy for launches by building comprehensive plans and partnering with marketing campaign teams, communications, and sales.
- Voice-of-the-customer and market: Become an expert in the industry and champion the needs and pain points of customers through customer interviews, market research, win/loss data, and engaging with customer-facing teams.
- Be data-driven: Build strategies based on product and market data and understand how to find the data you need or make informed assumptions/decisions when that data isn’t readily available.
- Bring your unique perspective: Develop and implement best practices and frameworks that improve outcomes for the company.
- Work collaboratively: Partner closely with Product Management, Marketing Campaigns, User Research, Sales, and Customer Success.
USA-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $135,000 USD and $183,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password's benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $127,000 CAD and $171,000 CAD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [email@example.com].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or through 1Password Support.