Manager, Engineering - Android Development
Remote (US or Canada) /
Technology – Client Applications /
Full Time Remote
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
As the Engineering Manager, you will build and empower the 1Password Client Apps development team. Reporting into the VP of Engineering, you will help craft our vision and make it a reality through creative engineering and identifying required solutions to hard problems. You will be responsible for tactical execution by the team, helping to coordinate activities such as sprint planning, design reviews, and project planning. You will also be responsible for hiring and coaching world-class talent for your team. An ever-increasing number of individuals, families, and businesses are using 1Password every day, and 1Password needs to scale accordingly. Come help us build the backbone of 1Password!
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and United States.
What we're looking for:
- Previous experience of managing teams of high-performing developers.
- The ability to create and maintain a positive, healthy team environment in which everyone is supported, encouraged, and meaningfully challenged to do great work.
- Someone ready to roll up their sleeves and get to work themselves on technical challenges. Significant client-side application or library development experience.
- Experience working with the following languages and frameworks: Rust, Kotlin, Swift, TypeScript, SQL.
- Experience with deploying client applications on macOS, iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, and/or browser extensions.
- Continuous integration/continuous deployment experience.
- Experience with WebAssembly.
- Experience with Docker (in a professional environment or for personal projects).
- Experience with subscription services such as Stripe / Apple App Store / Google Play Store.
What you can expect:
- Recruit and hire a diverse team of strong engineers to create an inclusive workplace.
- Manage engineers and develop engineering leads. Foster an environment of innovation, execution, and collaboration.
- Work to scope and plan key deliverables for projects and initiatives with the team.
- Drive execution with an emphasis on iterations and deliverables, quality, velocity, and communication.
- Provide technical leadership to developers both in your team and across the engineering organization.
- Continue scaling a highly specialized engineering team.
What we offer:
Along with joining a connected, inclusive and passionate community you will be eligible for the following:
- Remote-first environment with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
- Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and RRSP or 401K match program
- Employee Stock Options Program
- Flexible vacation and time off including additional personal and sick days
- Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program and an annual wellness allowance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Professional development and peer recognition opportunities
- Company swag and a free family 1Password subscription (and a discount for friends!)
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and when we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.