Intermediate Financial Analyst
Remote (US or Canada) /
G&A – Finance and Accounting /
Full Time Remote
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
We are looking for a detail-oriented quick starter to join our growing and dynamic finance team. If you are a Financial Analyst looking for exposure into FP&A, this is your chance to build a successful career within a fast-growing tech company where your work will have a direct and visible impact on the results.
The FP&A Financial Analyst will report to the Director, Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis and help the team deliver comprehensive financial analysis at 1Password. A successful candidate will have strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Expert knowledge in Excel is a must
- 1-3 years experience in Financial Analysis
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, and comfort with ambiguity
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Experience with Finance and planning tools (NetSuite, Anaplan)
What you can expect:
- Manage the reporting and forecasting of the income statement, specifically operating expenses
- Produce monthly reports, including key metrics, financial results, and variance reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results against budget and forecast
- Assist the team in annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes, by working directly with internal stakeholders to understand the unique budgetary needs of specific departments and incorporating into the financial plan
- Support the team in the preparation of monthly/quarterly discussion materials for investors, the executive team, and the Board
- Automate and optimize data flows between various financial and enterprise systems allowing for sustainable and scalable reporting
- Understand accounting policies (IFRS) and ensure accurate reflection in the various planning and reporting tools
- Assist with the implementation of new processes, initiatives, and tools
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
> 🏦 A You Need A Budget membership
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [email@example.com].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or through 1Password Support.