Senior Android Developer
Remote (US or Canada) /
Development – Android Development /
Full Time Remote
Over 70,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
The Android team at 1Password is part of a concerted, cross-platform effort to build the next generation of 1Password apps. In addition to building a new user experience for our Android customers, we’re helping to define core functionality and architecture that will be shared across all versions of 1Password.
As a member of the Android team, you’ll be working primarily in Kotlin to craft new user interfaces, built upon the view models returned by the common core that powers 1Password. You’ll work with members of cross-platform teams to ensure that the user experience is exceptional across all our apps. You’ll also work with the core team to help define the view models and APIs that power each feature.
What we're looking for:
- Experience developing production apps in Kotlin.
- A strong background in MVVM application architecture.
- Experience crafting rich interactions using Jetpack components like navigation and transitions.
- Familiarity with UI integration and automation testing methods.
- Admiration for team effort with ambition to take the lead on your own projects.
- Excitement for the unknown – you’re always ready to learn something new.
- Willingness to document and maintain APIs, and assist implementers in other areas of the company.
- Someone ready to work remotely and independently with self-imposed schedules, projects, and deadlines.
- Experience with cross-platform development for desktop and mobile platforms is a plus.
What you can expect in your first month:
- Meet your teammates, get to know them, and learn how your team works together.
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, familiarize yourself with our development processes, and get your development environment set up.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Tackle a few small issues that give you exposure to the full landscape of the Android app.
- Ask questions. Lots of questions.
What you can expect by month 3:
- Continue to participate in code reviews.
- Join a feature team as an Android developer under the guidance of an experienced team member, and help the platform teams implement something new.
- Ask more questions!
What you can expect by month 6:
- Join a feature team as the primary Android developer, helping the platform teams implement something new or take on implementing a significant piece of Android-specific functionality.
- Participate in architectural discussions.
- Proactively review merge requests posted by others on the team and work with them to get their changes merged.
- Answer questions, but still ask some too – by now you’ll be helping others learn as well.
The Android team is working with the latest development tools and patterns to rebuild 1Password from the ground up. Come and join the team as we take things to new heights!