Talent Acquisition Specialist
Toronto, ON /
HR – Talent /
60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
1Password is nothing without the people who make it, and we care for each of them deeply. From reviewing their job application to hanging out on video calls for happy hour, the talent team is there for them every step of the way.
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you'll be the advocate for our people and culture. We're looking for someone who appreciates autonomy, who's ready to try new things, and is a self-starter. Day to day, you'll be executing a full-cycle recruitment process including working with hiring managers to determine the roles they want to hire, reviewing job applications, screening candidates, and improving our hiring process.
You'll be working with team leads, VPs, and C-suites to hire the best people as our team grows, while also listening to experiences of existing employees and using those to improve how each team works. You'll get a chance to define and improve hiring practices, partner with each team to suit their specific needs, and keep the experience consistent across the board for candidates – we reply to everyone who applies here, whether they get the job or not.
What we're looking for
- Technical recruiting experience is considered an asset.
- 3-5 years of recruiting experience, preferably at a software company.
- Acute listening skills: People often compliment how great you are at listening and how they love talking with you about more difficult topics.
- Communication skills that adapt: We are a global company so some flexibility in working hours may be required. The right person will also be happy (and excel at) meeting people through different mediums: in person, over the phone, or on a video call. Further communication with internal stakeholders will be consultative.
- Someone who gets moving on their own: We're still building the talent team so we are looking for self-starters are who love to build and appreciate that some process is required (and hopefully able to implement process along the way).
- Excitement to learn new things: We try new tools often, switch up processes that aren't helping us grow, and are constantly bettering ourselves as people. We're looking for others who strive to do the same.
- You love data and reporting.
What you can expect in Month 1
- Meet people from different teams in the company, from team leads and hiring managers to the people on their team right now, getting to know our culture a bit.
- Get to know our ATS, pipeline, and the hiring managers you'll be working with.
- Read some job descriptions, edit some, and maybe write a few of your own.
- Review applications from candidates and leave notes to review with the team on regular pair review calls.
- Start creating an open heads list by speaking with the department heads/hiring managers that you are working with.
- Begin improving our recruiting processes, bringing lessons you've learned from your own experience.
What you can expect in Month 3
- Have regular meetings with stakeholders and hiring managers to hear how their teams have been doing, what they need more of, and encouraging them to make the changes they can.
- Manage our company's online presence on job boards, in local communities, and elsewhere.
- Find ways to automate the dull parts of recruiting, interviews, and performance reviews so you and the team can focus on the human sides of these areas.
What you can expect in Month 6
- You've designed and are running the whole recruiting pipeline for the company.
- Work with hiring managers, analyze data from the ATS to find roadblocks in the recruiting pipeline, and make the process more seamless.
- Continue building a network within the company, meeting new people often and hearing their perspectives on working here.