Remote (US or Canada) /
Development – Backend Development /
Full Time Remote
60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
Come help us build the backbone of 1Password. The 1Password.com service powers the 1Password experience across all of our platforms. It allows us to do things like automatic syncing between all your devices, secure sharing with your family or team, full versioned backups of all your items, travel mode for securely crossing the boarder, and so much more!
An ever increasing number of individuals, families and businesses are using 1Password every day, and 1Password needs to scale accordingly. For our codebase and service to scale with that growth, we need to grow our team - both in size and in experience. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Senior Developer with experience driving the technical direction of their team and taking ownership over projects to see them all the way through the planning, development and release stages.
What we're looking for:
- Strong programming skills with languages like Go, Python, or C.
- Deep understanding of web server and RESTful API design.
- Significant experience writing complex and performant MySQL queries.
- Familiarity with Redis, Docker, and AWS.
- Ability to offer feedback to other developers on the team and experience in reviewing and improving code.
What you can expect:
- Acquire and maintain an advanced understanding of the development toolchain and use it to effectively contribute large new features, significant product improvements, and critical bug fixes.
- Ensure that code is high quality and easy to maintain by identifying lapses in code quality and gaps in testing coverage, anticipating and reporting potential problems, and helping foster a high standard of documentation.
- Drive the complete development lifecycle for the team from initial planning, through development and into customer support.
- Influence the technical direction of the team and make architectural decisions to ensure products are scalable, secure, and up to the high standards we keep for our work.
- Drive initiatives on the team that enable us to better support 1Password customers and mitigate issues that customers are facing.
“We're a team of developers who are passionate about creating great software. We work on challenging technical problems with demanding security considerations using the best tools at our disposal, and are constantly pushing ourselves.”
– Rick Fillion, VP of Engineering: 1Password.com