Senior Manager, Customer Onboarding
Remote (US or Canada) /
GTM – Customer Success /
Full Time Remote
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
Our Onboarding team is responsible for understanding the relationships and desired outcomes uncovered during the sales process, building a launch plan for a successful deployment, and helping customers get the most out of 1Password.
As Senior Manager of Customer Onboarding (Enterprise), you will support Onboarding team members by providing coaching and guidance to achieve individual and team goals - with a focus on seat deployment. Our Enterprise Onboarding team is in a growth phase. We’re looking to expand and build our implementation program and team as we progress towards a best-in-class Enterprise offering.
The Senior Manager is continuously evolving as the business learns and grows. Adaptability, clear communication and a desire to build will be crucial for success in this role.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years in a Customer Success function. Ideally with broad experience across the customer lifecycle.
- 5+ years experience in an Enterprise Onboarding/Implementation/Project Management function. Ideally having spent time focusing on the SaaS and/or security space.
- 3+ years in building and leading teams.
- Experience building and executing a cohesive customer journey with key milestones and seamless handoffs.
- Intrigued by data, with hundreds of thousands of customers you’ll need a mix of data driven insights and hands on customer attention.
- Energized by the thought of building a team, strategizing, creating process, and being a player-coach when needed.
- Strong communication, coaching, and live training skills over email, phone, and video.
- Collaborating with individuals and customers excites you. Your style is concise and empathetic – with a balance of teaching and listening/learning yourself, as well as the ability to lead a conversation.
- You’re passionate about discovering an individual’s needs, and you ask strong, open-ended questions that help you learn more about them.
- Someone who works well with internal teams, balancing team and customer’s success with company needs and opportunities.
- A leader who helps to build and foster a strong and supportive team culture.
- Experience with managing customer implementations and relationships.
- Familiarity with the acronyms SCIM, AD, CLI, SSO, and SaaS.
- Solution-focused mindset.
- A proven track record in successful Enterprise Implementations.
- Feedback, learning, and growing are some of your favorite words.
- It’s a bonus if you have personal experience with 1Password or another password manager. While not required, it will allow you to quickly gain confidence in this role.
What you can expect:
- You’ll get to know the product, our culture, the Onboarding and Customer Success processes, what and how we track and report, and the people you'll be working with.
- Coach and streamline processes related to how we onboard customers, build rapport, and put plans in place that influence the broader Customer Success metrics and processes.
- Build and expand the existing Enterprise Onboarding Processes.
- Support team members in hitting their monthly and quarterly targets.
- Allocate and assign day-to-day tasks to team members according to best fit and skills for the job. Help guide team members to ensure the work is done well.
- Report on team member performance and mission-related objectives.
- Orient new team members and assist ongoing team members with continually improving job performance.
- Hold regular team meetings and provide tips and training for the team to achieve a competitive edge in the industry.
- Interviewing candidates and making hiring decisions.
- Preparing and delivering reports to senior management.
- Attending internal meetings with key stakeholders and sharing pertinent information across the team.
- Engaging, supporting and navigating our customers and internal teams through high-priority issues and escalations.
- Maintaining, updating and communicating departmental processes and changes.
- Provide coaching and guidance to support team members skills and professional development.
United States-based roles only: Minimum annual salary for this role is $119,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [email@example.com].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or through 1Password Support.