Senior Backend Developer
Remote (US or Canada)
Technology – Product Engineering /
Full Time Remote /
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
We are currently looking to welcome a Senior Developer to our Identity team.
The Identity team is focused on building better identity and access management capabilities for our business customers and disrupting the IAM industry. We want to provide safe, simple means for people to manage their authentication experiences for themselves, their families, and their businesses. We are seeking a Senior Developer to join our development team, where you will be instrumental in shaping the evolution of new identity-focused technologies at 1Password.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- Production experience building distributed backend services
- Production experience building highly available and performant backend features
- Production experience with Go
- Experience building and deploying a cloud native production backend service from scratch
- Experience building external developer APIs
- Demonstrated ability to concisely communicate complex technical problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- You value ownership and enjoy room to make your own decisions - we’re a startup and trust everyone’s best judgment to keep a fast pace
- The most important part of this role is a strong desire to build clean, intuitive and performant backend code. This manifests in both the speed and security of our system without compromising user experience. If you thrive in a high paced, high expectations environment this will be a team you will love being a part of.
Even if you don’t tick all those boxes, we’d like to hear from you.
What you can expect:
- Building, deploying, and maintaining features
- Writing robust unit and integration tests to accompany your code
- Ownership of technical design and iterative delivery plans
- Helping others level up their skills through mentoring and coaching
- Space to improve engineering processes and hold yourself and the team to a high standard of quality.
- Remaining curious and seeking opportunities to expand and deepen your technical knowledge and leadership skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, GCP or AWS
- Experience implementing authentication protocols such as OIDC, SAML, or SCIM.
USA-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $150,000 USD and $202,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password's benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $140,000 CAD and $190,000 CAD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [email@example.com].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or through 1Password Support.