Creative Director, Brand Lab
Remote (US or Canada) /
Marketing – Marketing /
Full Time Remote
Over 80,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
The 1Password marketing team is committed to helping consumers and businesses everywhere keep their most important secrets secure online. We live that mission by providing the most rewarding and useful digital experiences without compromising our users' privacy. This may sound like a challenge to modern digital marketers, but we know this is the future, and our team is leading the charge. If you’re passionate about trust, privacy, and inventing the future of ethical marketing, why not come work with us?
We’re looking for a creative director with a strong storytelling background. One part strategist. One part creative catalyst. One part storyteller. Sounds cool, right? It really is — if you have what it takes. This person will lead 1Password’s Brand Lab, our own internal creative agency.
The creative director needs to demonstrate the ability to think both critically and creatively, be naturally curious, generate ideas, perform rigorous analysis, be a good communicator, facilitate conversations, solve problems, build consensus, understand tactics and content strategy, and to digest research and distill complex information into clear, concise, compelling and actionable insights — essentially to build a bridge and contribute to the ‘big idea’ or the ‘a-ha moment’.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and United States.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience working in an advertising, design, or journalism environment
- Prefered experience of leading an internal creative agency team
- Demonstrated understanding of how to establish, market, grow, and evolve brands, from startups and nonprofits to large-scale global organizations
- Experience in a people management role on creative teams, with the ability to coordinate, direct, and provide creative direction to contractors, agencies, and in-house multi-disciplinary creatives
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex, sometimes abstract, concepts clearly and persuasively
- A highly collaborative, organized, and resourceful approach
- A self-starter who proactively sets benchmarks, builds trust, and aligns expectations
- Strong knowledge of video and design principles and best practices and a keen eye for typography and technical craft.
- An empathetic storyteller with exceptional creative writing skills
What you can expect:
- Working in collaboration with brand, social, and content marketing teams to infuse creative thinking into strategy documents, proposals and briefs
- Packaging strategic and creative direction into a compelling story that is both clear and actionable
- Participating and assisting in leading internal creative brainstorms
- Focusing the creative development process as a key player in distilling out the ‘big idea’
- Aiding in determining creative direction on projects by fueling the creative process with insightful tactical guidance
- Building consensus wherever possible among all areas of the company
- Attending internal briefings and discovery sessions on new projects when requested
- Staying current on marketing media and content trends (social, experiential, digital, design etc)
- Lead an internal creative agency of writers, producers, philosophers, and thinkers
What we offer:
Along with joining a connected, inclusive and passionate community you will be eligible for the following:
- Remote-first environment with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
- Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and RRSP or 401K match program
- Employee Stock Options Program
- Flexible vacation and time off including additional personal and sick days
- Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program and an annual wellness allowance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Professional development and peer recognition opportunities
- Company swag and a free family 1Password subscription (and a discount for friends!)
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and when we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.