Director, Product Design (Growth)
Remote (US, UK or Canada)
Product – Design & UX /
Full Time Remote /
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
The Experience, Design & Research department exists to explore, research, design and champion the most delightful, clear and coherent experience for all our customers.
We’re looking for a growth focused design leader to lead our administrator and buyer experience team. As a Director of Product Design for the Business Channels and Growth team you will play a key role in shaping our deployment and expansion user experience strategy. You’ll connect the dots between projects and build cross functional relationships across Product Management, Engineering and Marketing. We’re looking for entrepreneurial problem solvers who come to the table not only by identifying problems but recommendations and solutions, not waiting for direction.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada, the US and the UK.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of product design leadership experience, preferably in user-centric Enterprise SaaS companies.
- Prior experience with Product/Growth, SaaS B2B models is a big plus.
- Proven track record of managing teams and projects with demonstrated impact on the organization's success.
- Detailed knowledge of growth domains and using a data-informed design methodology.
- Extensive product design experience with a strong eye and impeccable taste for design.
- Demonstrable expertise in recruiting, expanding, and coaching both designers and design managers.
- Strategic and critical thinking ability, complemented by an adaptable and pragmatic approach.
- Ability to quantify and effectively convey the value of design within the organization.
- Ability to effectively lead the end-to-end design process with your team.
- Highly strategic and hands-on leadership. A leader-coach who leads by example, has a bias toward action, builds capable teams, and is able to balance long-term strategy with short-term results.
- A confident and influential partner to other functions including product, technology, marketing and sales.
- Growth mindset and industry leader; Exceptional leadership and communication skills; an inspiring leader that can develop, scale and manage a high-impact team.
- Strong sense of ownership to proactively identify and drive alignment through solutions in ambiguous and high-growth environments with shifting priorities.
What you can expect:
- Leading the product design team for the 1Password administrator and buyer experience.
- Connecting together projects and goals with a focus on end-to-end experiences to leverage business growth from deployment to expansion.
- Partner with Product Management, Research, Data, Engineering, and Marketing counterparts to understand the domain, and ensure clear goals and priorities for the team.
- Build, mentor, and develop a solid product design team.
- Plan design team performance, workload, and career development.
“We have a wide range of skills represented here, and that makes for a culture of personal growth through feedback and mentoring, support and critique. Our design has won awards and we have our designers to thank for that - excellence in design is one of the defining characteristics of 1Password. You should also prepare yourself for bad jokes.”
USA-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $190,000USD and $256,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password's benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $173,000CAD and $233,000CAD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [email@example.com] or through 1Password Support.