Senior Data Engineer
Remote (US or Canada) /
Development – Development /
Full Time Remote
60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to help take our data reporting and infrastructure to the next level. You’ll work with the Executive, Product, Marketing, Sales, Sales Engineering, Finance, and Customer Success teams every day – in short, your work will impact the whole company. You’ll be part of our first team dedicated to Data and have a critical role in shaping our data foundation.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll contribute to a variety of projects that range from designing robust and fully automated ETL processes to building tools for improving company-wide productivity with data. You have a passion for designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, and efficient solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse. New analytics technologies are emerging every day and we’re excited about the impact they’ll have – we hope you share our enthusiasm!
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years experience with at least one relational database—MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Data Warehousing and Data Lake experience using modern tools.
- Experience with large-scale data pipelines and ETL tooling.
- Experienced python developer, or equivalent
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data.
- Experience with EDA (Exploratory Data Analysis) and Data Visualization like Tableau.
- A team player with a solution oriented attitude with both technical and soft skills to get things done.
- Experience creating data architecture for SaaS for reporting against KPIs like LTV/CAC at the source level.
- Experience in creating source attribution scripts in the ETL.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience working with data using Python (pandas, numpy, etc).
- Business Intelligence, Analytics or Finance experience.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies.
What you can expect:
- Interface with other engineers to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of in-house and third-party data sources.
- Ensure we have data consistency on both production and analytical databases. You’ll own the integrity of our data from end to end, and the company will make high impact decisions based on this data.
- Architect and build a data warehouse to provide timely data to a variety of third-party applications (Salesforce, Marketo, etc).
- Design and build tools that make our data pipelines and surfacing more reliable and easier to use.
- Work closely with Application Engineers to roll out new tools and features.
- Triage, identify, and fix scaling challenges.
- Collaborate with internal data customers to gather requirements.
- Help develop our data engineering function in areas of data architecture, business intuition and insight.