DevOps Security Engineer
Toronto, ON /
Security – Security /
Over 80,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
At 1Password, customer privacy and security come first and foremost; this commitment informs everything we do, and the Security Team is responsible for upholding this commitment. We are a passionate team that really cares about protecting our customers, and we’re looking for new team members that share this passion.
As a DevOps Security Engineer, you’ll be working as part of the Security Engineering team, helping us continue to raise the bar for security in our DevOps environment. This includes enhancing the security of our existing platform and assisting with the design and build of new platforms.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and United States.
What we're looking for:
- Experience working on a remote team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong passion for Privacy and Security
- Experience designing and building a secure DevOps environment using the following technologies: AWS, GitLab, and CI/CD pipeline
- Experience automating tasks in AWS and GitLab through their APIs.
- Experience scripting in Bash or Python
What you can expect:
- Working with the DevOps team to improve the security of CI/CD processes
- Working with the DevOps team to improve the security of our AWS environment
- Perform design reviews for changes to the CI/CD pipeline and AWS environment
- Perform manual and automated testing against the DevOps environment to ensure it is operating as designed
- Help to develop security training material for developers
- Develop specialized security tools for internal use
- This position may require occasional work on nights or weekends in the event a significant security issue is discovered.
When we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our global team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status.