Senior Graphic Designer/Illustrator
Remote (US or Canada) /
Product Management – Design & UX /
Full Time Remote
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
We approach all aspects of 1Password with a design-first approach. The 1Password studio team encompasses UI, UX, web, digital, illustration, print, and motion graphics designers – all working together to give 1Password customers the best possible experience.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Graphic Designer to join our design team. The role will involve designing static and occasionally illustrated assets for multiple channels including web, print, packaging, advertising, marketing materials, thought leadership and more. As part of a skilled team you will have the opportunity to work on varied and exciting projects that educate and inform our customers on 1Password and digital security.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- Portfolio of recent project work that demonstrates concept development with excellent use of typography, composition and illustration.
- 5+ years experience working within a design team, but also with other key stakeholders from marketing and cross-organizational teams.
- An ability to work within a specific design framework as well as adapt your design for specific projects.
- Strong communication skills and a history of delivering projects on time and with excellence.
- A passion for educating, informing and storytelling through your design.
- An affinity with modern design tools, specifically the Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, AfterEffects and Figma.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends, techniques and technologies, but ability to design around the trends instead of following.
- Experience with rebrands and extending brands through graphic design.
What you can expect by month 1:
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, and familiarize yourself with the style and format of our created content.
- Take part in regular calls to discuss workflows and review designs amongst peers.
- Begin to take on design issues that will help you to learn and grow within the 1Password style.
What you can expect by month 3:
- Act as a design resource to others in the organization, taking briefs and creating artwork as needed.
- Start to take ownership of certain elements within 1Password, such as advertising or email campaigns.
What you can expect by month 6:
- Operate as a key part of the design and marketing team, taking ownership of areas that interest you and pushing their design forward to create a better product.
- Offer constructive feedback to peers on the team, helping others to grow and develop alongside you.
What we offer:
Along with joining a connected, inclusive and passionate community you will be eligible for the following:
- Remote-first environment with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
- Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and RRSP or 401K match program
- Employee Stock Options Program
- Flexible vacation and time off including additional personal and sick days
- Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program and an annual wellness allowance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Professional development and peer recognition opportunities
- Company swag and a free family 1Password subscription (and a discount for friends!)
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and when we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.