Remote (US or Canada) /
Development – Development /
Over 80,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
The 1Password QA team helps our development team test and release the best possible software. Through manual testing, helping increase coverage of automated testing, and investigating and reproducing bugs and usability issues, our team plays a critical role in making 1Password the world's most-loved password manager.
As a member of the 1Password QA team, you'll have an opportunity to work with many different teams and departments. You may help Customer Support reproduce a bug in the morning, spend the afternoon providing feedback on a new feature, then finish your day by polishing up some documentation.
What we're looking for:
- Prior experience testing or troubleshooting. This doesn't need to be in a QA role. Any experience compiling info about a problem in a manner that helps identify a solution counts.
- Strong organizational skills. QA is always juggling several projects and you'll need to prioritize appropriately.
- Comfortable discussing technical concepts with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable learning and adapting how you work. We are a growing team and need to be open-minded, flexible, and willing to learn as we go.
- Ability to work independently. This doesn't mean you work alone, but that you're comfortable diving in on your own, know when to ask for help, and are proactive about seeking help as needed.
- Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with 1Password as a user.
- Familiarity with third-party tools used by the 1Password service, such as Stripe, SCIM, enterprise identity providers, or tools like Splunk and Docker.
- Experience writing automated tests or an interest in learning.
What you can expect:
- First Month:
- Meet your teammates, get to know them, and learn how your team works together.
- Get to know our applications and service.
- Review our development and testing documentation and get familiar with our processes and procedures.
- Test a few features and bug fixes to become comfortable with our testing environment.
- Ask lots of questions and use the answers to improve our documentation for our next new teammate.
- By Month 3:
- Develop your own test plans for smaller changes.
- Begin investigating and reproducing issues reported by our customers and customer support staff.
- Improve upon and expand our overarching testing plan.
- Expanding your comfort zone for testing features and bug fixes.
- By Month 6:
- Develop a testing plan for a major new feature.
- Regularly help our customer support team investigate tricky customer issues and provide workarounds where possible.
- Develop your own documentation to help our development team test more effectively.
- Proactively identify changes in need of more rigorous testing and help to get those changes merged without regressions or issues.
- Start writing automated tests.
When we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our global team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status.