Remote (US or Canada) /
Development – Development /
Full Time Remote
60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
As the Engineering Manager you will build and empower the 1Password.com development team. Reporting into the VP of Engineering, you will help craft our vision and make it a reality through creative engineering and identifying required solutions to hard problems. You will be responsible for tactical execution by the team, helping to coordinate activities such as sprint planning, design reviews, and project planning. In addition, you will be responsible for hiring and grooming world-class talent for your team.
An ever increasing number of individuals, families and businesses are using 1Password every day, and 1Password needs to scale accordingly. Come help us build the backbone of 1Password!
What we're looking for:
- Deep knowledge of SQL databases (preferably MySQL or Aurora)
- Significant server-side and or webapp development experience. Preferably using Go.
- Experience working with the following languages: Golang, MySQL, Redis, ActiveMQ, Typescript, React, WebCrypto
- Previously managed teams of high performing developers
- Are able to create and maintain a positive, healthy team environment in which everyone is supported, encouraged and meaningfully challenged to do great work.
- Will be ready to roll up their sleeves and get to work themselves on technical challenges.
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with Docker; in a professional environment or your personal projects
- Experience with deployments to AWS
- Experience with subscription services such as Stripe / Apple AppStore / Google Playstore
What you can expect:
- Recruit and hire strong engineers into the team. Manage engineers and develop engineering leads. Foster an environment of innovation, execution and collaboration.
- Work to scope and plan key deliverables for projects and initiatives with the team. Drive execution with an emphasis on iterations and deliverables, quality, velocity, and communication.
- Provide technical leadership to developers both in your team and across the engineering organization.
- Continue scaling a highly specialized engineering team
“We're a team of developers who are passionate about creating great software. We work on challenging technical problems with demanding security considerations using the best tools at our disposal, and are constantly pushing ourselves.”
– Rick Fillion, VP of Engineering: 1Password.com