Software Engineer, Data Ingestion Apps (Remote)
United States /
Full - Time
As a small but rapidly growing company, we are looking for a software engineering generalist with an interest in data engineering and process automation to help us build and scale out our healthcare data pipelines and supporting API microservices. Our ETL Pipelines harmonize and deidentify healthcare data using the FHIR standard.
We are looking for people who have:
- 2-3 years of software or data engineering experience
- Experience with Apache NiFi
- Experience with Python and/or Java
- Professional experience using relational SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Professional experience building and deploying RESTful API’s using Python, Java, or JVM based technologies
- Professional experience building CI/CD pipelines (AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins)
- Working knowledge and experience with cloud services (AWS, GCP or Azure)
You may also have:
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience building test automation for ETL process
- Experience building and maintaining scalable batch and streaming data pipelines
- BS/MS Computer Science, Engineering, Bioinformatics, or commensurate experience
- Prior HL7/FHIR, or general healthcare experience (research or clinical)
At 1upHealth, our mission is to unlock health data and improve industry outcomes. As leaders in FHIR® interoperability, we are fostering an ecosystem where data can flow seamlessly. Our FHIR API platform makes it easier for stakeholders to access, integrate, aggregate, and share data across a variety of systems. 1upHealth is building a data ecosystem that will promote the digital transformation of the industry and enable insight driven healthcare.
We are proud to announce that we have been named 2022 Best Places to Work in the Small Company and Best Paying Company categories by Built In Boston.
100% Paid BCBS Medical and Dental Insurance for Employees
Home Office Stipend
Parental Leave (16 weeks for birthing parents, 6 weeks for non-birthing parents)
Company Meetings with Free Lunch
Interested in our work, but don't see an opening that fits your background? Apply here and let us know what you think we could do together.