Business Development Representative
Boston, MA /
Full - Time
At 1upHealth, we are united by our shared goal - unlock healthcare data to improve patient and financial outcomes.
As a leader in FHIR® interoperability, our core belief is that unleashing the power that lies within health data can improve the way that we operate in our industry. We are on a mission to make it easier to access, aggregate, analyze and share healthcare data. Through our secure FHIR platform, we offer a solution to; break the barriers that hinder innovation and interoperability, meet compliance regulations and leverage the cloud for ubiquitous technology enablement.
Come join our mission-driven team, and be a part of the future of healthcare.
About this role:
As a rapidly-growing, venture-backed startup, we are looking for a self-starting Business Development Representative to help strategize, identify, engage, and qualify new business prospects. To start, you will report to the VP, Sales and be a key member of 1upHealth’s growth engine.
What you'll do:
- 25% market research: Understanding organizations who would benefit from 1upHealth’s products and services. Identifying and analyzing buyer profiles. Developing compelling messaging that appeals to our buyer profiles. Staying abreast of news and trends in the industry, for your target prospects, and more.
- 50% prospecting: Lead the day-to-day outbound efforts - email, phone, other – to engage a prospect in a conversation. Qualify inbound leads and act as the tip of the spear for the 1upHealth sales team. Work collaboratively with Marketing on content creation and campaigns. Work in support of a segment Account Executive to insure a healthy pipeline of new business opportunities. This is a true hunter mindset.
- 25% reporting and optimization: Tracking progress, documenting in our CRM and other tools, reporting out to the team on progress, wins, learnings, and more.
What you'll need:
- -1-3 years experience, ideally in a customer-facing, growth/sales focused role
- Healthcare and Health technology is a plus
- Self-sufficient, and self-starter to win new customers and business and maintain existing contracts
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and adaptable in a startup environment
- BS/BA in business, healthcare, computer science or equivalent
- Understanding of CRM databases, maintaining contacts, updates and progress
- Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills
- Proven ability to position products against competitors