Senior Software Engineer, Clinical Integrations (Remote)
Boston, MA /
Full - Time
The healthcare industry is undergoing a massive shift in how patients and providers exchange and access data. That transformation is built on FHIR - Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources, a standard data format and resource specification that allows innovative applications to flourish.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will report to our Manager of Data Ingestion to support our Clinical Integrations platform development. The Clinical Integrations team ensures all of the products and services that 1upHealth offers run on the latest set of clinical data being captured at healthcare provider systems. We are looking for someone who enjoys taking ownership of new products and services, and the continuous improvement of our existing offerings. You will empower others throughout the organization to build great products for our customers.
- Help create software that improves healthcare across the country
- Develop and deliver functionality that meets technical and product requirements
- Create standard integrations with third-party vendors
- Participate in development of our APIs and services to scale our platform
- Collaborate with members across the organization to improve our products and services
- Advocate for engineering best practices throughout the organization
- Mentor engineers
We are looking for people who have:
- 5+ years of experience in a backend/fullstack software engineering role (We are using Node/Typescript)
- Experience securely building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience working in a modern Cloud Infrastructure (we use AWS)
- Proficiency in relational or non-relational databases
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
You may also have:
- Experience using event-driven systems (Kafka or RabbitMQ)
- Knowledge of Healthcare data standards and communication (FHIR, HL7v2)
- Modern front end development knowledge (We are using React)
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
At 1upHealth, our mission is to unlock health data and improve industry outcomes. As leaders in FHIR® interoperability, our platform makes it easier for partners to access, integrate, aggregate, and share data across a variety of systems. 1upHealth is building a data ecosystem to promote the digital transformation of the industry and encourage insight-driven healthcare.
We are proud to announce that we have been named 2022 Best Places to Work in the Small Company and Best Paying Company categories by Built In Boston.
100% Paid BCBS Medical and Dental Insurance for Employees
Home Office Stipend
Parental Leave (16 weeks for birthing parents, 6 weeks for non-birthing parents)
Company Meetings with Free Lunch
Interested in our work, but don't see an opening that fits your background? Apply here and let us know what you think we could do together.