Director, Engineering (Remote)
Boston, MA /
Full - Time
At 1upHealth, we are united by our shared goal - unlock healthcare data to improve patient and financial outcomes.
As a leader in FHIR® interoperability, our core belief is that unleashing the power that lies within health data can improve the way that we operate in our industry. We are on a mission to make it easier to access, aggregate, analyze and share healthcare data. Through our secure FHIR platform, we offer a solution to; break the barriers that hinder innovation and interoperability, meet compliance regulations and leverage the cloud for ubiquitous technology enablement.
Come join our mission-driven team, and be a part of the future of healthcare.
About this job:
As a small but rapidly growing company, we are looking for an experienced software engineering leader to grow and scale our engineering team. You will be a key member of an multi-talented team that is using cutting edge web and data technologies to innovate the industry-leading FHIR Interoperability platform to access patient electronic health record data for the digital healthcare industry.
As a software engineering leader, you will lead 1upHealth engineering teams to develop and operate our FHIR platform, API, and applications, enhance and measure development processes, and ensure ongoing reliability and availability of our cloud-based services.
What you'll do:
- Attract, engage, retain, coach teams of exceptional engineers and architects - including mentoring, recruiting, training and development, performance evaluation.
- Partner with colleagues in Product and Support to deliver roadmaps and schedules.
- Provide technical and architectural direction for the design, development, testing, and support of 1upHealth applications and FHIR Interoperability platform.
- Deliver software products using agile SCRUM methods and foster a metrics-based DevSecOps software development culture.
- Manage technical debt to ensure predictable team development velocity while minimizing production incidents of our operations.
What you'll need:
- Demonstrable success delivering commercial cloud-based products and services, ideally with a digital health technology company.
- Technical ability to problem solve with engineers and drive technical trade-offs and decisions. Hands on experience as a software developer and technical leader is a must.
- Ability to increase team performance with Agile SCRUM and Lean development methods while minimizing technical debt.
- Experience driving secure software development life cycle (SSDLC) with DevSecOps practices and metrics
- Leadership and coaching of high performance teams in a growth environment.
- Technical knowledge of scalable web application architecture, API development, and cloud-based technologies; AWS and serverless experience a plus.
- Preferred experience building health technology based products and services, including knowledge of data interoperability standards such as HL7 and FHIR.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Management or a related field.