Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Boston, MA /
Full - Time
At 1upHealth, we are united by our shared goal - unlock healthcare data to improve patient and financial outcomes.
As a leader in FHIR® interoperability, our core belief is that unleashing the power that lies within health data can improve the way that we operate in our industry. We are on a mission to make it easier to access, aggregate, analyze and share healthcare data. Through our secure FHIR platform, we offer a solution to; break the barriers that hinder innovation and interoperability, meet compliance regulations and leverage the cloud for ubiquitous technology enablement.
Come join our mission-driven team, and be a part of the future of healthcare.
A Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a software developer with the primary responsibility of writing automated tools and frameworks to assess the quality of our products. You’ll be writing code that automatically verifies and quantifies the quality of the 1upHealth FHIR-based API platform and applications. SDETs are able to understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement required automation to streamline our software quality process.
As a collaborative member of the 1upHealth Engineering team, you will bring significant experience testing and deploying commercial web applications that operate at scale, including:
- BS/MS Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of software QA methodologies and strategies.
- Demonstrable ability to develop automated API tests, tools, and frameworks.
- Significant experience automating feature, regression, and performance testing.
- Knowledge of web application architectures in AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Proficiency in your favorite programming language.
- Ability to articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Desire to have fun and have an impact.
- Agile SCRUM methodologies.
- Software security testing techniques.
- DevOps practices using CI/CD code pipelines.
- Digital healthcare technologies and data standards such as HL7 FHIR.
Bonus points for experience in the following areas: