Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote)
Boston, MA /
Full - Time
As a small but rapidly growing company, we are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing Cloud Engineering team. You will use your expertise to help us implement our DevOps vision, across the whole company. You will be a key member of an amazing multi-talented team, that is using cutting edge web and data technologies - to develop the FHIR API standard to access patient electronic health record data, for the digital healthcare industry.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work with development teams on all parts of the DevOps culture: build, test, release, deploy, operate, monitor, plan and code
- Create highly available, disaster-recoverable DevOps services, which will be used internally by Engineering teams to create our offered products and externally by customers to understand health of their purchased products
- Focus initially on AWS, but help us build/scale to cloud agnostic approaches - so we can support GCP and Azure
- Enhance Infrastructure as Code, Configuration as Code and Secrets Management, for hands-off CI/CD
- Partner with our SDET team, to deliver Test as Code
- Interact with our Security team, to integrate compliance in our products and pipelines
- Use your DevOps expertise to initially help our Data Engineering team with their pipelines. Long-term you will help us implement our DevOps vision, across all of Engineering.
- Ensure consistency and automation in our processes across UIs, APIs, serverless functions and analytics products
- Help us customize DevOps services, to create future MLOps services
- Set standards and implement automation, that allows Engineering to easily follow the best practices
- Mentor junior developers/engineers in technologies and DevOps culture
- Sprint as part of an Agile team that implements Kanban for unplanned work and Scrum for planned work
- Work with a team to bring Patient healthcare data together to affect future health outcomes
We are looking for people who have:
- 7+ years of DevOps/Data engineering experience
- Experience with cloud deployment tools and methodologies: AWS Cloud Formation, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- Proficiency with a CI/CD pipeline technology such as Jenkins, Travis CI, AWS CodePipeline, or GitHub Actions etc.
- Prior experience building/maintaining infrastructure for large data pipelines
- An understanding of distributed AWS web application architecture principles
- Proficiency with Linux and Linux scripting
- An understanding of Analytics tools; SQL, R, Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Pig, Hive, Python, Scala, Jupyter Notebooks, BI Tools
You may also have:
- Healthcare and/or bioinformatics experience
- Experience with large-scale data processing platforms such as Spark, EMR, and/or Apache NiFi or Apache Airflow
- BS/MS Computer Science / Software Engineering or commensurate prior experience
At 1upHealth, our mission is to unlock health data and improve industry outcomes. As leaders in FHIR® interoperability, we are fostering an ecosystem where data can flow seamlessly. Our FHIR API platform makes it easier for stakeholders to access, integrate, aggregate, and share data across a variety of systems. 1upHealth is building a data ecosystem that will promote the digital transformation of the industry and enable insight driven healthcare.
We are proud to announce that we have been named 2022 Best Places to Work in the Small Company and Best Paying Company categories by Built In Boston.
100% Paid Medical and Dental Insurance for Employees
Home Office Stipend
Parental Leave (16 weeks for birthing parents, 3 weeks for non-birthing parents)
Company Meetings with Free Lunch
Interested in our work, but don't see an opening that fits your background? Apply here and let us know what you think we could do together.