Manager, Data Implementation (Remote)
United States /
Full - Time
As a rapidly growing Series B company, we are looking for a data implementation manager to help us build and scale our data implementation engineering team.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Mentor, lead and grow a team of data implementation engineers delivering on our customer’s contractual obligations.
- Collaborate with data engineering, API, implementation, and customer success teams to ensure deliverables are met according to the customer project plan.
- Manage individual team members, priorities and deliverables. Enhance 1up software products to ETL data and perform FHIR validation.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrate and document solutions by creating documentation, code comments, and clear code
- Prepare and participate in software design discussions and code reviews with 1up’s engineering team
- Drive improvement in operations by conducting systems analysis and identifying potential changes in policies and procedures
- Provide mentorship to junior team members, participate in architectural discussions, and deploy features regularly
What you’ll bring:
- Experience building and managing data engineering teams
- Skilled in Node.js and/or Python.
- Proficient with Linux.
- Working JVM knowledge a plus (any or all of Java/Kotlin/Scala).
- Experience building and maintaining scalable batch and streaming data pipelines for terabyte scale data.
- Experienced in database architecture, with professional experience using relational SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL), and NoSQL (MongoDB, Elasticsearch).
- Experience with large-scale data processing platforms such as Spark, EMR, and/or HPC computing experience with e.g. Apache Aurora, Slurm.
- Working knowledge and experience with AWS infrastructure including DynamoDB, Athena/Glue, Lambda, EC2.
- Bioinformatics experience is a major plus, in either the research or clinical space, as well as healthcare data experience in general - e.g. HL7, FHIR. LOINC, ICD10, SNOMED, CPT.
- An adaptable mindset due to a rapidly changing environment with experience in a startup a plus
- BS Computer Science, Engineering, Bioinformatics, or a related field preferred
At 1upHealth, our mission is to unlock health data and improve industry outcomes. As leaders in FHIR® interoperability, we are fostering an ecosystem where data can flow seamlessly. Our FHIR API platform makes it easier for stakeholders to access, integrate, aggregate, and share data across a variety of systems. 1upHealth is building a data ecosystem that will promote the digital transformation of the industry and enable insight driven healthcare.
We are proud to announce that we have been named 2022 Best Places to Work in the Small Company and Best Paying Company categories by Built In Boston.
100% Paid BCBS Medical and Dental Insurance for Employees
Home Office Stipend
Parental Leave (16 weeks for birthing parents, 6 weeks for non-birthing parents)
Company Meetings with Free Lunch
Interested in our work, but don't see an opening that fits your background? Apply here and let us know what you think we could do together.