Senior Program Manager, Security and Compliance
Boston, MA /
Full - Time
At 1upHealth, we are united by our shared goal - unlock healthcare data to improve patient and financial outcomes.
As a leader in FHIR® interoperability, our core belief is that unleashing the power that lies within health data can improve the way that we operate in our industry. We are on a mission to make it easier to access, aggregate, analyze and share healthcare data. Through our secure FHIR platform, we offer a solution to; break the barriers that hinder innovation and interoperability, meet compliance regulations and leverage the cloud for ubiquitous technology enablement.
Come join our mission-driven team, and be a part of the future of healthcare.
About this job:
As a leader in healthcare technology, ensuring the security of our customer’s data is paramount. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing 1upHealth’s security and compliance programs, within our technology teams, and working in conjunction with our security partners, our human resources and finance teams, and with our customers.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for overseeing 1upHealth’s security and compliance programs: Including SOC 2 Type 2, HIPAA, Governance Risk Compliance (GRC) and setting 1upHealth on a successful path for current programs towards HiTrust
- Work with 1upHealth internal stakeholders and teams to set up necessary controls, processes, and audits - in collaboration with 1upHealth’s security vendors
- Serve as the central point of contact for technical and product Security and Compliance across our teams, including working with 1upHealth customers and prospects, to review their requirements, answer questions, and add controls as neededUnderstand best practices and technology trends, for Security and Compliance
- Direct and oversee all aspects of product life cycle management that meet market and user requirements and that facilitate rapid development and implementation of new products and enhancements
- Serve as the Product Owner for Security and Compliance across our development teams through Agile Development & Delivery
- Establish overall direction, strategic initiatives, roadmap, product development, product launch, and product marketing for Security and Compliance related requirements and initiatives
- Partner with the 1upHealth Implementation and Sales teams to identify new features and requirements based on customer feedback
- Partner closely with Controller and Legal Counsel for any company-wide compliance efforts
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products - as well as overall industry benchmarks
Who you are:
- Excellent interpersonal, public speaking, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in establishing, maintaining, and upgrading security and compliance programs in similar application areas
- Strong knowledge of healthcare security standards, including HIPAA
- Strong understanding of U.S. healthcare industry, or the motivation to learn
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and adaptable in a startup environment
- Experience working with cloud service providers like AWS
- Bachelor's degree