State Family Organizer
Various Cities, Pennsylvania
Families Against Mandatory Minimums – a dynamic and growing criminal justice reform organization with more than two decades of experience advocating for fairer sentencing laws – is hiring a State Family Organizer to join the team to help launch a new statewide campaign. They are seeking an Organizer to recruit and lead a team of volunteers to mobilize support for the field operations and build relationships with local community groups and stakeholders including prisoners, their families, and state lawmakers.
The prime candidate will be passionately committed to our mission, able to think strategically and act pragmatically, willing to work with anyone who can help (regardless of party or ideology), and creative about bringing the stories, data, and facts about federal sentencing and prisons to state legislators, Congress, the media, and the general public.
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers one-on-one and in group settings
- Building and tracking relationships with community leaders
- Building relationships and coordinating with local partner organizations
- Working directly with the Field Director to ensure that goals are met
- Maintaining the highest regard for data integrity
- Planning community events (town halls, forums, office visits)
- Mobilize constituent meetings with elected officials
- Hold media events to highlight the impact of pollution
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous community organizing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in criminal justice issues i.e. Harsh sentencing, mandatory minimums, etc.
- Eagerness to contribute new ideas
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience organizing in Pennsylvania is preferred
FAMM is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that advocates for fair and individualized sentencing and prison policies that are just and cost-effective, protect public safety, and strengthen families.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation depends on the applicant’s experience and qualifications. Generous benefits and vacation and sick leave will be provided. FAMM is an equal opportunity employer.