Digital Ads Specialist
270 Strategies is assisting UFCW in their new search for Content Lead.
The 1.3 million-member United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW), a powerful voice for working men and women, is seeking a Digital Ads Specialist to develop innovative ad campaigns and optimize their delivery to build power for workers across the country.
Our growing digital organizing team captures and amplifies the stories of retail workers nationwide and defines the UFCW brand to non-union audiences. The team works collaboratively and creatively to craft compelling content that informs, inspires, engages, and pushes people to take action to make retail jobs better.
The team seeks an enthusiastic Digital Ads Specialist to accelerate UFCW’s organizing communications with workers--online and in the field--through creative paid marketing campaigns. This is an opportunity for an experienced professional to take the lead in building our union’s digital marketing program and developing online strategy to reach potential members. The right candidate will have the technical skillset to optimize multiple paid ad campaigns in real time, the ingenuity to design cutting-edge experiments, and the communication skills to report back successfully on both. The ideal candidate will possess relentless curiosity and a dogged persistence for learning and improving. Compassion for others and a commitment to supporting working people struggling to have a better life are musts.
The Digital Ads Specialist will work in our Washington, DC office. Work requires limited travel and/or irregular or unpredictable hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
• Create omni-channel ad campaigns to engage workers online: Take ownership of paid’s role in the overall digital organizing strategy by: joining intra- and inter-department strategy and planning meetings, managing ad budgets, negotiating terms with advertising vendors, and using self-managed platforms to build and monitor programmatic digital buys in display and video.
• Optimize ad performance: Manage all facets of ongoing ad campaigns to increase UFCW’s digital engagement and influence, including A/B testing ad creatives, setting up audiences, keyword research, and optimizing for conversions and KPIs. Troubleshoot delivery and ensure that tracking tags and pixels are implemented properly; resolve tracking/reporting discrepancies with data analytics team.
•Produce actionable, data-driven reporting: In conjunction with data analytics team and vendors, analyze UFCW ad campaign data to provide real-time recommendations, including daily report monitoring and retroactive digital advertising audits. Articulate digital ad spend decisions and utilize audience analytics and social listening to inform both paid ads and broader content strategy.
• Track industry best practices: Stay up-to-date with paid marketing trends, engagement best practices, and potential new channels and strategies in paid search, display, social marketing, and programmatic media buying.
• Relevant work experience in digital media buying, strategic communications, or issue, political or labor organizing.
• Experience in demand side platforms and social media ad buying interface.
• Fluency in social media performance metrics and Facebook Insights and Ads Manager.
• Knowledge of retargeting/remarketing, display, and rich media/video advertising.
• Ability to problem-solve and make decisions in real time in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-starter with the ability to manage workflow independently as well as collaboratively.
• Digital agency experience.
• Google Ads account management experience and certification.
• Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics, Tag Manager and other related tools.
• Knowledge of SEO, online search mediums and social media and an understanding of how all these channels work together with advertising.
• Demonstrated experience using social media in advocacy campaigns and to increase an organization’s reach, relevance, and influence.
• Comfort with SMS, Hustle, Facebook
• Experience working in a retail environment.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to: http://www.dcjobs.com/j/37817629
We are posting on behalf of UFCW, please do not apply through the apply button below. Instead, please apply at the DC Jobs link above.
UFCW is committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified people of all backgrounds to apply.
UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).