270 Strategies is building a team of Organizers who believe that renewable energy is the future of sustainable growth in America.
Wind and solar generation provides clean energy for families and businesses across the state, and offers jobs and economic opportunities in our rural communities.
We’re looking for experienced Organizers to ensure the Southeast doesn’t miss out on the future. Organizers will work in rural communities where everyone knows their neighbors and new relationships take time to build. They will spend a lot of time getting to know the local community, talking about the local benefits of renewable energy development, and mobilizing supporters to show their support during key moments.
If you believe, like we do, that we need more renewable energy in the Southeast, not less, we want to hear from you.
This person will be based in western Tennessee, and will require night and weekend hours.
The local Organizer will:
- Find opportunities to meet and talk with key community stakeholders
- Become a respected representative of this effort on the ground
- Answer questions about the opportunities and benefits of large-scale renewable energy development in the community
- Establish relationships with local residents and community leaders
- Create content for and managing local social media accounts on a weekly basis
- Plan and report on your weekly activities to your National Organizing Manager
- Plan community events (town halls, community dinners)
- Mobilize supporters and activists to show their support during key moments
You might be a good fit if you:
- Believe renewable energy provides a critical economic and environmental advantage to Tennessee and Alabama
- Have experience talking about renewable energy - at school, at work, or as a hobby
- Have experience organizing in rural Tennessee or Alabama
- Don’t mind driving a couple of hours between towns to get the job done Know how to quickly identify the influential voices in a community and then work to build trust
- Are at ease just showing up to a meeting or event and building relationships
- Are as comfortable at the 4H Fair as you are talking to the local mayor or business leader
- Are a problem-solver - you spot the challenge, come up with multiple ways to tackle it, and know how to leverage your team to solve it
- Are a little fearless - you’re comfortable asking people to talk on camera or show up to a city planning meeting for the first time
- Have run a Facebook group or page, or are comfortable creating engaging social media content on a weekly basis
We named our firm “270” for the number of electoral votes required to win the White House. The team at 270 Strategies includes key leadership from across the Obama organization – and we constantly hustle for that presidential-level work.
Our sweet spot is helping organizations engage everyday people in their work. We find people who care about the same things our clients do – whether they have common values or common goals – and help move them to action. We believe in the power of organizing, both online and offline – and we help our clients build engagement strategies that prioritize the experience of their target audience and connect with them in a meaningful way.
270 Strategies is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to clients and constituents. 270 Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and it is 270 Strategies’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.