270 Strategies is assisting UFCW in their new search for Creative Lead.
The 1.3 million-member United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW), a powerful voice for working men and women, is seeking a Creative Lead to craft and develop the visual storytelling capabilities of our Digital Organizing Team.
Our growing Digital Organizing Team captures and amplifies the stories of retail workers nationwide while defining the UFCW brand to non-union audiences. The team works collaboratively and creatively to craft compelling content that informs, inspires, engages, and pushes people to take action to make retail jobs better.
Whether it’s designing a social media share graphic, a digital ad campaign, an infographic, a graphic email, a brand identity, or shooting and editing video content, you know how to tell a story visually — and how to solve a communication challenge in a clear, aesthetically pleasing, and highly engaging manner. We’re looking for someone with an eye for innovative design — someone interested in setting and consistently raising the standard for excellent and immersive digital design in union organizing.
The ideal candidate will create and develop visual storytelling across multiple platforms, using both photography and videography to inform and engage our target audiences. Successful candidates are creative, collaborative self-starters with a strong visual design background who keep up with digital trends and are experienced in creating original content for social media marketing campaigns, websites, apps, and other digital media properties for nonprofits, companies, or political campaigns. Compassion for others and a commitment to supporting working people struggling to have a better life are musts for this position.
The Creative Lead will work in our DC office. Work requires limited travel and/or irregular or unpredictable hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and manage visual content: Creates video and graphic content for use in support of organizing efforts including Instagram stories, social posts, website design, and
- Tell compelling visual stories: Use design to tell the stories of UFCW members and retail worker experiences to a wider audience.
- Skills that would equal 2 - 5 years of experience
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and execute inspiring, visually engaging digital designs and effective visual graphics such as infographics, social media graphics, digital ads, email templates, logos, and more for organizing campaigns.
- Proven videography, video editing, photography, photo editing and general graphic design skills.
- Ability and willingness to work with a variety of CRM and CMS tools.
- Fluency in professional print and web design standards and principles.
- Expert knowledge of a wide variety of multimedia software such as, but not limited to: full Adobe Creative Suite, DVD authoring and CD-ROM software, AVID editing systems, Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools audio editing.
- For special projects, team up with developers, strategists, and others to conceptualize and design the overall framework, language, and UI for complex digital assets such as data visualizations and other immersive design products.
- Comfort managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with quick turn arounds.
- Proficient understanding of and passion for typography, composition, and color
- Innovative portfolio of work exhibiting high-level design skills.
- Must be results-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to prioritize projects and activities.
- Must possess to ability to think strategically and exercise a high level of judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in film, graphic design, web design, visual communications, advertising, multi-media or related fields required.
- Experience with branding, visual identity, and logo creation a plus
- Experience working in a retail environment.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, cover letter, design portfolio, and three professional references to.
We are posting on behalf of UFCW, please do not apply through the apply button below. Instead, please apply at the DC Jobs link above.
UFCW is committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified people of all backgrounds to apply.
UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
*Applications without a cover letter & writing samples will not be considered.